4

"There's a sheriff's station down a bit, we could get it to a cop" Gabriel says

"That's a great idea, Gabriel. Now lets get some bikes, and kick some ass" Zhen says. Gabriel raises his eyebrows, and looks at me. I smile and shake my head at his tactics.

"Damn girl, your English is good!" Dariush says flirtingly. "They gave us the code at registration, it's um... 669" He continued

Gabriel kneeled down, to punch in the numbers, but it was taking him a while.

"Hey, you ok?" I put my hand on his shoulder and also started kneeling. He started to sweat a bit.

"Come on, man" Dariush spoke.

"Hey-hey-hey, what's going on?" I ask him, curiously.

Gabriel spoke up "I-"

"Hurry up, dude. Come on. It's 669"

Gabriel started to mumble the numbers under his breath.

"Dude, what are you talking about! I said 669" Dariush once again, rushes him. "Come on, man. Dude, hurry up. Just put it in there. What are you, dumb?" At this, Gabriel stops to glare at Dariush.

"I'm not dumb" he says before I decide to step in.

"I suggest you shut the fuck up, before I stick your puny ass into a cage full of nerds. Maybe that way, you'll learn who really is the dumb one".

"Feisty, I like it" Dariush winks at me.

"Here Gabriel, I'll help you". Zhen changes the subject, taking over the lock. I can't tell if she's trying to flirt with Gabriel, but if she is, then she needs to bring it on.

"I want this one, its got a "Wakanda Forever" sticker on it." Dariush told us.

I glared at the back of Zhens head- game on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all were on the road, teaching Alex how to bike. One thing we failed to teach him, though, was to keep his eyes on the road.

Alex fell over the side of the road, making us all come to his aid.

"You ok?" Everyone asks him, yet he doesn't give a response. Zhen repeats herself, but still, does not get an answer.

"Holy shit" Alex mutters. Then, Dariush decides to do the thing he always does, talk.

"Yeah, like holy........ shit"

LA wasn't what it used to be. Now, it was a war zone. Fire and collapsed buildings could be seen. Not the beautiful city with a clear, blue sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There!" Dariush points "man, this place is trashed"

"Guys, I don't....... I don't think.... uh..."

"What?" Dariush questions

"You guys go ahead. I'll just, I'll stay back and watch the bikes".

"Ya, because the aliens want to jack our bikes" Dariush sarcastically remarks.

"Ya... Lunars could take them"  Alex makes up, seeing the look in Gabriels eyes.

"I'll stay back too." I volunteer. Everyone looks at me.

"Just in case...... he needs backup..." I added

"Whatever man" Dariush says, seemingly a little bummed out. They all drop their bikes and walk away. I turn to Gabriel.

"Hey" I smile, and walk towards him.

"Hey" he runs his hands through his hair. We look around awkwardly, avoiding each others gaze.

"This is ridiculous" I mumble before staring straight at him. Our eyes connect, his brown meeting my e/c.

"Are you ok? I noticed how you were struggling a bit earlier, with the lock." I ask him curiously. He looks down at his hands and bites his lip nervously.

"Y-ya! I'm fine." He answers.

"Alright..." I drift off. Thinking of a conversation starter would be difficult. "I never knew that one of the first people I met at camp happened to end up on an adventure with me." I smile at him. He smiled back and waits for me to continue.

"It's hard for me to be around you. Since childhood, taking risks have been an easy thing for me, here with you, it's hard for me to even talk- or think straight." I tell him, honestly.

"Why is that" he ask, leaning closer to me. "Do I make you nervous?" He leaned closer.

"Y-ya" I stutter, as he gets even closer.

"Why's that?" He asks. He's close enough to where I can feel his breath on my face.

"Because you're hot- and I'm into you" I blurt out. He starts lean in more- this time, aiming to touch my lips. I start to feel his lips on mine when I hear the door swinging open.

"Did you miss me fuckers?" Dariush asked to our red faces, automatically realizing what he just interrupted on.