6

"That was the same alien from camp..... I thought we killed that thing" Dariush says as we are all walking up a mountain. My fingers were intertwined with Gabriel's. Since that incident, I couldn't help but hold his hand. I reassured me that he was the safest he could possibly be in this adventure. Well, maybe not the most sad, but he was with me, so I was satisfied.

Alex says something nerdy that I don't understand. To me, it just sounded like: blah blah blah!

"English, Alex. Please" ZhenZhen commands.

"It's like Wolverine" a bunch of ohs could be hear from us.

"Why the hell is he following us?" Gabriel's voice is hoarse and dry.

"It's just about his dog. Have you ever watched 'Marley and Me'? Or 'Beethoven'?" Dariush says stupidly. "It's a primal bond. It's out for revenge, ask John Wick." Dariush finishes

"You're putting human motives on an alien life form. No, it probably had orders to kill...." I drowned out the rest of the conversation, more focused on my breathing. Walking for long amounts of time are not my thing. I notice everyone else stop walking, so I do too. I still don't pay attention because I'm slowly loosing my breath. I feel Gabriel tense up. He let's go of my hand as he starts attacking Dariush with his words. Ticking me off is not something most people like doing, but Dariush did just that by hurting Gabriel. They are a jumbled up mess on the floor. I pick Dariush up by the collar of his shirt, staring him dead in the eye.

"Don't mess with Gabriel" I say threateningly, after we split them apart. Although he was like family, I still did it. Sometimes, family members need reminders.

"You don't know me!" Dariush says, ignoring me and looking straight at Gabriel. "My family has nothing"

"Oh yeah?" Gabriel replies "except for a car dealership, and a mansion, and a yacht" Gabriel continues.

"No! The dealership is gone!" Dariush replies. Gabriel's surprise is easily evident on his face. "It's all gone" Dariush continues. "That's why they sent me to camp man"

"It's just stuff" Gabriel mumbles in response.

"I don't know who I am without all of that stuff" I start to feel bad for Dariush, realizing that he, along with the rest of us, has some form of parent issues. "And... they're taking my dad" Dariush says on the verge of tears. I automatically feel guilty, already knowing how it feels to have a father in jail.

"I'm...... I'm sorry" Gabriel says. Everyone stays silent as I walk over to Gabriel, rubbing his arm, soothingly.

"Here we go" Zhen says as she pulls out the radio.

"Sorry I head- butted you... you should clean that up" Dariush says quietly to Gabriel. I watch, waiting for Gabriel's response.

"Yeah- that's fine, sorry for.... punching you" Gabriel responds.

"It's Dr. Feilding, he's trying to contact us, we gotta go." Zhen tells us.

"Maybe we should try to find some clothes" Alex suggests. "No clue what that thing can track, could be out scents" Alex smartly states.

"I agree" I nodded

"Then let's go!" Zhen rushes us, rather harshly I would say.

"Since when is she in charge" I mumble to Gabriel. He smiles and shrugs, making me fume with anger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon, I know Guccis downstairs. Let's go" Dariush claims.

Alex, ZhenZhen, Dariush and I head over to see some light sabers. I grab one and quickly run over to Gabriel. I wasn't the biggest Star Wars fan, so I just took the sword, saying "I am your father" and bashing it all over Gabriel. He laughed as he blocked the hits. I eventually stopped, and that's when he called out to the rest.