2-Hardin

Fuck. Tessa's contractions have started. Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck! What do I do? I try to calm her down, I don't want my baby to be scared, she is gonna do great.
"Tess, baby, calm down, it's going to be fine."
"Don't tell me to calm down! You're not the one with a bowling ball sized human wanting to coming out!"
She's right, thank god I'm not a woman. Well I'm happy I'm not Tessa. This girl has gone through so much and she has mastered every task thrown her way without any help from anyone, especially not from me. She always tells me that she wouldn't had been able to get through the last couple of years without me but that isn't true. She is marvelous. She got through her dad leaving her, moving away from home, meeting a troubled badboy with idiotic mood swings, falling in love with that same bad boy who didn't exactly deserve her love at all, finding out that she was part of a sick game, finding her dad again, losing her dad once more, discovering that she was almost infertile, going through several miscarriages and that's leaving out all of the drama I caused with my asshole ex-friends. And now, now she is here, next to me on the back seat of my car going into labor with my- no, our daughter.
I am the luckiest man alive, truly. I know every guy with a girlfriend says that but I mean it. Because only out of pure luck is Tessa still with me, I surely do not deserve her. But for some reason this breathtaking woman chose me over and over again and I couldn't be more grateful to be able to share my life with her for the rest of time.
How am I supposed to do this? I'm barely a decent man for Tessa...how am I supposed to be a good father? Especially when I only had fucked up role-models. I can't fail...I want to be worthy of this beautiful family I am getting.

"What's wrong babe?"
I knew you could see the fear and anxiety spreading across my face.
"It's nothing Tess, really, I just- I don't know if I am going to be a good-"
"Stop it. Don't go there, you will be an amazing father, I can't wait until I can watch you raise our children with me."
She knows me so well. Miss Theresa Know-it-all Control-Freak Young always knows what I am thinking and what to say to me. She always leaves me in awe, I can't even imagine how unbelievably incredible her our daughter will be, I hope she will be like her mother.

Back to reality Hardin.

„AAAH, Landon drive faster!" I actually am- as much of a jerk I might be for it- pretty scared she will destroy the leather seats of my beloved Capri with like baby fluid or whatever.

„Tessa, relax they're just contractions, we'll be there in 3 minutes." Of course Landon doesn't want to go faster than the speed limit, not even for his future godchild- well he doesn't exactly know she will be his godchild but still.

Three minutes...then everything begins.