6-Tessa

„And your sure it's okay if I leave you two alone to go back to work?" It's been 2 weeks since we've brought Emery home and today is the day I was planning on going back to work. Hardin had said that he was fully capable of taking care of our baby while I'm working but I can't help but be anxious.
"Baby, like I've told you about a thousand times, yes. I googled how to change diapers and not to be cocky but I have to say I'm pretty good at it, you filled your boob milk into bottles and if anything goes wrong I'll just call Landon." Hardin kisses me on the forehead and pushes me out of the front door.

The last two weeks have been magical, unreal honestly. Seeing Hardin really be the father I imagined him to be puts me in awe. Everytime Em wakes up at night he gets up and calms her down. He reads tons of parenting books, honestly I don't think they're all that but it's the thought that counts.
He makes dinner while I cradle our daughter.
If it weren't for him be an amazing dad I wouldn't feel comfortable getting into my car and driving to work.

'Weddings by YOUNG'
I started up my own wedding planning agency about a year ago. It's a small business, just me, my assistant Sydney and secretary Jill.
Business has been going great even when I was at home pregnant with Emery since Sydney really knows me and how I would do things. I love my job, Hardin says it's because I am just naturally an obsessive planner.
Before I know it I'm walking into my office and saying hi to both Syd and Jill.
„Tessa! You're back already, you should've called." Sydney pulls me into her arms.
„Ya it was a spontaneous thing, Hardin just asked me this morning if I wanted to go to work and I said yes."
„Miss Young, so nice to see you again."
„Jill, how many times have I told you, call me Tessa." She's a great secretary and such a sweetheart but way too formal.
Anyways back to work. I make my way into my office and open the humongous binder on my desk.
Amanda Willings and Tom Lewis.
I've been planning their wedding for months now, she wants any and everything extravagant and loud whole he wants everything to stay simple and neat.
Looking at several wedding venues and decorations and menus and everything else everyday does leave me questioning my own decisions.

I've wanted a wedding since I can remember...a dress, flowers, everything white. Until one day I just didn't. I don't know if I still don't want it, all I know is that I want him. Does that mean I want to marry him? I mean why wouldn't I? But why would I?

I feel so stupid thinking about all of this, especially since I know Hardin definitely doesn't, he never wanted to get married.

But I just can't help it, I mean ya, by now I seriously think that the whole paperwork and document stuff is nonsense but I mean, the dream of a wedding dress and flowers and vows will never leave my mind. I honestly can't explain why I haven't married Hardin yet, I guess it's just because I needed to prove that our love is so deep it doesn't need all of that. I mean of course it is, but I don't need to prove it anymore...that time of my life is done, I started a new chapter and have a family of my own. Speaking of a family of my own, before I know it I reach to my phone and can hear Hardin's voice.
„Hey babe, everything okay??" He sounds stressed.
„Uh ya, I could ask you the same thing."
Hey Tess!" I know that voice.
„Landon shut up!" Of course, I knew it. I bet Hatdin called him the minute I drove off, he was probably hiding out in the bushes somewhere.
„Should I come back home? Syd can handle everything." I ask.
„No, don't you dare! Plan your pretty little weddings and don't come home until you make little bride-to-be's cry for joy.
„I love you, Hardin. Kiss Emery for me."
„I love you."
„So do I!!" Landon has turned into such a dad joker, unbelievable.

So here I am, sitting in my office, dreaming about the future.

Hardin and I at our wedding, Emery saying her first words, taking her first steps. Okay but I really should stop thinking about weddings, it's stupid, we don't need one and I doubt we will ever have one. I am happy as I can be and don't need a silly dress to top it off. Truly.

Before I can finish my thoughts, I hear a knock on my door.

„Tessa, you have a visiter-" Not even being able to finish her sentence, Hardin walks right in.
„Hardin?! Where's Emery? What are you doing here???" Did he just leave our newborn at home or what is going on, God, did something happen?

„She's at home, sleeping with Landon, Sophia came over with their kid too. Everything's fine."
„Okay so what are you doing here." I don't get it.
„Well I'm here to kidnap you of course." He grins at me, what is he talking about?
„I talked it all over with your assistant already. She said there is barely any work to do. So come on already." Hardin gives me his hand and leads me out of my office.

"Hardin I mean it, where are we going, what are we doing?" A blind man could be able see my confusion.

"You'll see."