5-Hardin

I can't believe Tessa just left me alone with everyone here. Entertaining our family and especially keeping my mother and Carol from fighting is some task.
Nobody knows what we named Emery yet and they are all getting impatient, but Tess told me to hold of on telling them until she was well rested.

„I bet they named her Jane or Emily." My mom exclaimed.
"Ha! That's what you think, I would bet my life on the fact that Tess let herself get talked into a name like Hollace. She always gives into Hardin."

Even though my relationship with Carol has gotten much better over time I can't help but want to tape her mouth closed. If only she would finally admit how marvelous and strong her daughter is, but I doubt that time will ever come.

"So you ready to run off yet?" Kimberly laughs.
"Shut up and go back to Seattle already, Kim." I smile and she rests one hand on my shoulder.
"You're going to be fine." She looks at me as if she were so very sure of herself. But in some weird way her saying those words did help me get rid of some of my panic. Kimberly, the woman who thinks Tessa is an angel and I am lucky to just be able to breath the same air as her, thinks I will be okay. I must be doing something right.

I can hear steps coming towards the living room, my baby.
Tess comes around the corner with little Emery in her arms. What a sight, unbelievable really.
Squeal and excitement explode out of everyone and the whole family rushes over.
„Oh my gosh, Tess, she's precious." Landon starts making googly eyes at our daughter, he's such a softy.
"Obviously she's precious, she's our daughter." I playfully shove my stepbrother.
"She has your-well our eyes Hardin. Magnificent." Vance seems so happy and proud.
"What are you talking about, that little princess looks exactly like her mother, stunning." Ken smiles over at Tess.
"Can you imbeciles let me through, I want to hold my granddaughter." My mum yells through the crowd of family surrounding my little angel.
Tessa carefully sets Emery into mum's arms and honestly looks so frightened, it's adorable.
"Hello, I'm still here too, hand her over." Carol scolds as she reaches for our baby.
"Oh come on people, calm down, she's barely 3 days old. You'll all have plenty of time to hold her." Tess says while taking back her child.
"So, come on, spit it out. What's her name? We're all dying here, Tess." Kimberly annoyingly remarks.
"Well Kimberly, since you are so obnoxiously curious, her name is London." I know how I can make her tick out, she shouldn't annoy everyone so much. Well at least she shouldn't annoy me.
"What?!" Our whole family's jaws drop and eyes are ripped wide open, I can't help but explode of laughter.
"You didn't, please tell me you didn't Tessa. I swear Hardin if you really named my grandchild that, I'll-"
"Mom, relax, her name is...Emery." Tess looks as if she is seeking approval, but why? It's our baby and who cares what they think of her name, we love it. But I mean, I know my Theresa. No matter how much time passes and how much we both grow, she will never stop wanting to be perfect.
"Emery?" Tessa's mom seems surprised. "It's...it's so, pretty."
Wow, I really wasn't expecting that, I was expecting more of a well that's a weird name but better that than all of Hardin's ideas kind of reaction.
Carol walks over to Tess and Emery, she gently strokes over Emery's cheek and swear to god I think I just witnessed a rock going soft.

"And her middle name?" Landon looks over at me as if I am stupid for not thinking of one.
"Uh, well..." I scratch my head nervously trying to think of a good name.
"I was thinking about Eleanor. It means a shining light." Amazing, she steels my breath everytime, my wonderful Tessa.
"It's beautiful, Emery Eleanor Scott. That is if her last name is Scott, of course." Ken remarks.
"Yes, it's Scott." Tessa smiles at me.
"What do you mean it's Scott? You guys aren't even married!" Of course Tessa's know it all mother couldn't just keep quiet. She brings it up every chance she can. The look on her face when she found out Tessa had gotten pregnant but didn't want to get married yet.
"Mom, not now, seriously. Here I think you should all get to know the newest family member." Tess sits down own the couch and everyone gathers around making stupid baby noises and talking like idiots.

I sneak out into the libra eh where I just sit and think.
Tessa and I have a child. A beautiful miracle baby. After everything that had gone down between us we finally made it. I had my doubts and there were times where I was scared to death to have lost her, but we made it.

Tessa's dream was to be a mother and a wife, mine was to be, well...I didn't even think about the future back then to be honest. All that has changed. Tess still doesn't want to get married on paper because she says it's stupid, if we love eachother we will stay together forever, we don't need some stupid documents. But I see how she looks at the brides and weddings she organizes...full of jealousy and well I think sadness...
She gave me a life, love and a family. The least I can do is give her a wedding...
The only question is, how can I give Tessa the wedding and proposal she deserves, everything she had every dreamed of.
And so I sit there, thinking, planning.
But then it came to me. The perfect way to give her her dream.