Agreements

Several of the Akatsuki members looked at her shocked. "Why ask us?"

"Because we know that Ame is doing well financially, and we could use that support to update things in the village. We have the manpower, we just need various areas updated. At the moment, we have taken to focusing on the academy, considering how abysmal it and Konoha's academy teaching was. As I said, we can offer you payment in the form of crops, as I imagine growing anything in this area is difficult."

Pein considered the pinkette across from him. "Why should we do this?"

"Because I imagine that you would like not having to worry about food for your people. There would be less pressure on you."

"And if I were to ask that you back up our plan?"

"I would tell you that there are other ways to peace. What you are doing is causing fear to rule. The only reason peace would reign is because you intimidated everyone into stopping. But look around you, Pein-san. The world is a balance of the good and the chaotic. Without one, there isn't another. This world is not perfect, Pein, but it is ours. By destroying all that we represent, you will only cause a new conflict. I know what happened to Ame during the last war, but I also know that Jiraiya took the time out to train you and Konan. He thought that you three could be the catalyst of change. But the more that you push this plan, the more that the world sees you, not as the man he saw and hoped you would become, but as the villain, the reason for their pain."

"I am bringing peace," Pein said, eyes narrowed.

"No, you are bringing fear. The vessels that you extract the bijuu from, they have people that care for them. Naruto has the whole village. Gaara has his village. It took them a lot of hard work to gain the respect that they have now. Those two men grew up hated. They did not know what peace or family was. I only ask that you take these things into consideration. I would die for them."

"I will consider it, Haruno-san. But I also want to see this peace that you speak so highly of. I want my Akatsuki to spend some time in your village, Haruno-san, to see what is so different about it."

"They will be treated as if they are already members, Pein-san," Sakura vowed.

"But why?" Itachi asked.

"Because, I know what it is like to not belong. I know what it is like, to be an outsider. I want for you to feel accepted. And if, at the end of the observation time, you would like to stay, you will be pardoned of all crimes and accepted as a new member."

Several of the men stared at her in shock. She felt Shisui lay a hand on her own as it rested in her lap, squeezing in reassurance. She looked to the man, smiling, before squeezing back.

Noting the exchange, Konan asked, "Haruno-san, if we are to be allies, would it not be okay for us to know the men that you were accompanied by?"

Shisui squeezed her hand again, telling her that it was okay, and then she turned to Tobirama. He nodded.

"There are a few things that need to be cleared immediately. These men have been considered dead for a long time now, and it will be a shock for some of you to see them. I ask that you not do anything rash, and that you listen to what they have to say, before you say anything." With that, Sakura nodded to the two men, giving them permission to take off their masks.

The immediate reaction was stunned silence. And then it was broken by Itachi. "Shisui."

The heartbreak in the man's voice was palpable.

Shisui smiled to Itachi, nodding. "I'm okay, Itachi."

"How?"

"Orochimaru saw the whole thing. He managed to keep me stable until we reached Oto, and then he had Kabuto heal me."

"But Danzo-"

"Is going to be six feet under in a few days. Which reminds me," Sakura said.

She summoned an owl. "Tell Tsunade-sama that Danzo needs to be taken care of, immediately. He has sent ROOT operatives out to have my friends and I finished off. Effective immediately, if any of the Konoha ninja come at us with intent to harm, they will be taken care of swiftly. Any attempts to have us brought back to the village will find themselves in the same position." The owl left in a puff of smoke, reverse summoning itself back to Konoha to deliver the message.

"I must get back to my village, Pein. If Danzo sent men after me, then he will have sent them after the other four too, and while I have all confidence in their abilities, we are all surviving off of the bare minimum amount of sleep to be able to help the village."

"One of my men will return with you. I imagine with you having Shisui of the Body Flicker and the Second Hokage, that you can move fairly quickly if need be."

Tobirama nodded. "I placed several seals on the way here. We can make it back very quickly this way."

"We have heard of your speed, Nidaime, and have no doubt of your abilities. We only ask that you take care of whoever comes with."

Tobirama nodded.

"I would like to go first, Leader-sama." They all turned to look at the man that spoke. It was Tobi, in a surprisingly normal voice. "I can take them back to their village right away too."

"How?" Tobirama asked.

"I have a space-time ability. I can take you through a portal, I guess is the best way to explain it."

"Similar to what Kakashi can do," Sakura noted.

Tobi nodded. "Exactly like him."

The double meaning was not lost on her. Her jaw dropped. "Obito?"