Chapter 32

One month later.

"Home sweet home."  Paul grinned setting down our bags when he, Martha and I had stepped into the farmhouse.

It was very bare with minimal furniture and many things that were in need of repair, but in the moment I couldn't find it in me to pay it any mind. Being here with Paul was perfect. Anywhere with Paul was perfect.

"It's not much," Paul began meekly.

"It's perfect." I gushed looking back to him, my eyes sparkling with pure joy.

"You think so?" Paul chuckled, closing the door behind him and scrunching his nose slightly as he looked around.

"Paul, I think we could make this a lovely home." I grinned, watching as his gaze softened on me sweetly.

"Be careful what you wish for, we might just have to do just that." He smiled widely, his gaze lingering on mine before he caught himself and laughed.

I giggled and walked over to the living room by the fireplace, taking in everything once more as I watched Martha already making herself comfortable on the couch. From the window I could see all the wide open land with all the animals and I knew I would love it here.

"It's nice to just get away from everything in London once and awhile," he trailed off "well, not everything, I have a recording studio for when I have a song I need to demo a song for the lads or, just play a tune in my head." He smiled meekly, realizing how nervous he sounded as he began to ramble looking around as of he were embarrassed of the farm.

"Can I see?" I asked watching as he perked up with an excited nod looking like he prayed I would ask, coming over to take my hand as he began to lead me through the hallway.

We soon stood in front of a door at the end of the hall that Paul smiled back to me before opening it, revealing a homey  little recording studio that had instruments set up all around, a piano in the middle of the room.

Paul left my side to sit at the piano, a big smile illuminating his face.

"Wow," I grinned watching as he began to play around on the piano, in awe of how committed he was to his music. No matter where he was or what he was doing, if there were something he'd always care about, it would be music.

"I've actually been working on a song I think you'll like." Paul grinned shyly, causing my lips to curve upwards into a large grin.

"What's it called?" I asked with a large smile as I walked closer to the piano, watching as he messed around with chords, somehow aimlessly making it sound beautiful.

"Martha My Dear." He looked up into my eyes to see if he could read my reaction.

My heart fluttered and I felt myself involuntarily grinning foolishly as he began to play the song on the piano.

"Martha, my dear, though I spend my days in conversation please, remember me," He sang, causing my expression to soften into awe watching as he concentrated on the piano chords and the way he sang.

My heart continued to pound in my chest as I watched him play. There was always another new way I could fall in love with him everyday, and I couldn't see it stopping any time soon.

Though he has made mistakes, he is so much more than the womanizing Beatle the press has made him out to be, and though I once thought like them I knew now those things couldn't be farther from the truth. I loved how thoughtful and genuine he truly was, and how he made me feel like I was the only girl he could ever love.

I couldn't keep my tears held back any longer as I listened to him sing, letting a couple tears slip away before quickly wiping them dry. It sounded beautiful, and I felt I knew just the reason he wanted me to hear it.

He looked back up to me, causing me to give him a goofy grin to distract from my tears eyes.

"Take a good look around to see, that you and me, were meant to be, silly girl," Paul sang with a small giggle fit as he continued on, very soon finishing the song and turning back up hesitantly to see what I thought.

"It's beautiful." I smiled practically choking up on the tears I was trying to keep in, causing him to smile as he reached up to grab my hand.

"I owe everything to Martha, because she brought me to the love of my life." He smiled, his eyes glistening in the dim lighting of the studio as he stood up and took my face in his hands, brushing a piece of my hair away from my face.

"Paul." I let out a small sob as he placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

Martha soon made her entrance, bursting through the door and causing Paul and I to break apart from each others embrace.

I laughed though the tears I hadn't realized had fallen as Paul groaned in annoyance before letting out a small chuckle as she laid herself down on the floor, rolling on her back to get a belly rub.

Paul rolled his eyes but gave in walking over to her and squatting down to rub her stomach. I followed suit and kneeled down beside him joining in, feeling Paul gazing over at me.

"You know," he paused as I looked over to him, "I've never felt as open to be myself with anyone as I have with you. You make me want to be the best version of myself." He smiled charmingly, causing my face to heat up as I looked down at Martha.

"Well, I've never loved someone as much as I've loved you, the real you." I grinned back, causing him to smile widely with admiration in his eyes.

"Promise me you'll always be mine?" He asked gazing down at my lips lovingly as he began to lean in.

"I promise, forever."

And that concludes the story of how I met the love of my life, Sir Paul McCartney, and things would never be as they once were again.