Part 2

"Cameron! Come down for breakfast!" Torres calls.

Ugh! I get off the bed. I take off my headphones and walk down the stairs. I might go shopping today.

"No fair. Why do we have to come down at like 7 am and he's coming down at like 7:15 am?" Lee remarks.

"Leave him be, Lee." Jason remarks.

"It's not fair! It's like you favor him or something!" Lee says again.

"Lee!" Kyle says with a stern voice.

"What!? We should all be here at the same time!" Lee remarks.

"Lee Evan!" Kyle says again.

That shut him up. Not normal some gets call by their first and middle name. I try to hold my laughter back, which I do.

"He's not in an actual school. He takes online classes." Torres finally says.

"So!? He should at least join us for breakfast when the rest of us do!" Lee says.

"Why should he have to wake up earlier just to accommodate to our schedule?" Jason asks.

"It's just not fair!" Lee says snarkily.

"Lee! Will you just shut up, already!?" Jason finally blurts out.

Everyone is so shocked by this, even me.

"Cameron, sorry you had to witness this." Kyle says.

I stayed quiet the entire time at breakfast. Even when I was finished, I stayed quiet. I was supposed to help Torres with the dishes this morning.

"Not such a good start?" Torres asks.

"I think you the answer. Last night-" I start.

"Last night doesn't count." Torres says.

"Right. So, how old is everyone?" I ask.

"I'm 23, Kyle is 20, Erick is 16, Jason is 17, Noel is 16 and Lee is 17." Torres responded.

"When I first saw Kyle, I thought he was 21." I reply.

"Really? Anyway, how about we going shopping today? Figured you'll need more things and stuff to spice up your room." Torres says.

"So, you and Kyle. How long how you been together?" I say changing the subject.

"10 years." Torres says.

"You're lucky to even be in one...relationships are forbidden in foster homes." I say.

"But, you like someone. I know the signs." Torres replies.

"Heh, I guess I do. It's just-" I start.

"I thought you were cute, too." Torres said.

"But, you and Kyle." I say.

"He knows, I'm only messing with him." Torres says.

"Let's talk Lee and I. We have issues, already." I mention.

"We know." Kyle says walking down the stairs.

I finish up the dishes when Kyle walked in. He knows how to sneak up on people. I have to see if I have classes to do. The thing with online classes is you don't have to do them when you get a class. You can do them whenever as long as all classes are done before midnight.

"Cameron, do you want to go shopping with us?" Kyle asks.

"I really want to, but ya know." I say.

"You have to see if you got any class open. You have all day, ya know. You can do them when you get back. Plus, we thought you needed things." Kyle replies.