Part 8

Either, I'm really happy to finally be 18 or really disappointed because it means Kyle and Torres might put some more responsibility in me.

I'm just listening to some music when I see Cam getting up. Wait—Never mind, it's Saturday.

"Finally 18, eh?" Cam asks.

"I guess." I say.

"Happy birthday." Cam says. "Does anyone else know today's your birthday?"

"They all know." I reply. "I'll be downstairs."

I head downstairs where almost everyone is. It's been a long time since Jason and I have mentioned liking each other. We also know a lot about each other.

The only problem now, is I'm 18. That means I can technically leave foster care. It also means I'm going to have to leave Jason until he's 18. I could also stay here until he's 18 (which isn't too far away now) and move out. In fact, I've already been thinking about the house I wanna move in to.

"Cameron!" Jason says jumping onto me from the back.

"Jesus. Did you have to jump onto me?" I ask.

"Cute." Torres says.

"Happy birthday." Jason says.

"So, you're 18 now?" Noel asks.

"Well, yes." I reply.

"That gives you a choice. You can stay here with us or move out." Kyle says.

"That comes with a hard decision. With Jason and Cameron being as close as ever, it makes things even harder." Torres says.

"He'll be 18 in like 3 days." I say.

"That still has to decision of staying with us or moving out. Of course, you're still welcome back here if you move out. You just won't be in our care anymore." Kyle says.

"Wait, hold up. As long as Cam over there-" Lee starts.

"Did you just call me Cam?" I ask defensively.

"No need to get defensive, Cameron. You're still in our care until Lisa knows that you're moving out." Torres says.

"This is why we'd never work. Everyone here knows that you like me. Everyone here knows that you're jealous. If I haven't made it clear, I don't like you and never will. Plus, I have a boyfriend now." I say to Lee.

"Boyfriend?" Erick asks.

"Yes, boyfriend." I reply. "J, will you be my boyfriend?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course, I will be your boyfriend." Jason says.

"How is that fair? We specifically have a rule of no relationships in this home. He's still part of it-" Lee starts.

"We made the exception because we knew that they were going to end up together. We can make exceptions on certain rules." Kyle says.

"Plus, I'm moving out." I say.

"What?" Jason asks.

"I'll be back. I have a house to look at. It'll be our house once you turn 18." I reply.

"We'll let Lisa know your decision. Do you have a car to get to wherever you're going?" Torres asks.

"I do, it's just with Lisa right now." I reply.

I look at my phone to see if Lisa or anyone has contacted me. Oh, Lisa has texted me.

Lisa: Hi, Cameron. I have your car. Do you want me to bring it you? Also, Torres told me your decision on leaving the foster home as you are 18. Happy birthday, by the way.