Confrontation

Terrance and I had spent the majority of the ball getting to know one another. After we had finished our first dance we decided to take a seat and do a friendly Q&A. I learned the simple things about him like how he enjoyed photography in his down time, and how action packed movies were a must for him. The most interesting thing I learned was that he actually did find his mate, but similar to my circumstance she rejected him and mated with another which made me question how retarded she was to give up such a fine specimen like him.

We laughed and joked as if we were long time friends, and I could tell that there could easily be something more between us. Though the persistent hazel eyed glare that was plastered to my every move had me second guessing whether or not it was the right call to even consider Terrance as a second option.

Despite our wanting to talk for hours, Terrance still had to uphold his status as an Alpha and go make some business partners, so I allowed him to do so which then left me alone since Olivia was off charming a handsome blonde in the corner. A sigh escaped my lips as I was left to drown myself in the wine that had been being passed around. I hadn't kept track of how many glasses I had, but as soon as I stood up I knew that I was borderline drunk. I pinched the bridge of my nose as I looked for a place to get some air and luckily there was a balcony that no one seemed to be occupying.

I gladly exited the ballroom and stepped out onto the balcony, the cool night air slightly clearing my clouded mind as I walked over to the railing and leaned on it, closing my eyes.

The sounds of owls, and crickets had surrounded me.The moon shined bright overhead, creating shadows under its light. It was rather serene as the wind lightly blew. I always found myself being sucked into the night whenever the moon was out, though my hazy mind made it a little difficult to completely focus on my surroundings.

I sighed as I opened my eyes just as I heard the balcony door opened and closed. A light breeze blew and it was no surprise to me that the person who followed me onto the balcony was Alexander. I didn't turn to face him as my hazy mind wasn't as hostile as it usually would be around him. I heard his footsteps move in closer until he stood not too close next to me, but close enough for me to see him out of the corner of my eye.

We stood in silence for a moment, anticipating who would speak up first and of course he chose to break the silence.

"You look breathtaking tonight." He complimented me. I could see him staring at the moon as he leaned on the railing.

I stood in silence, not outwardly acknowledging his compliment but on the inside I was conflicted on whether or not I was happy with the compliment.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here after everything. I assume you're here to search for a new mate?" He said.

I sighed as I finally turned my head towards him, meeting his gaze as he had already been looking at me.

"Yes that is exactly why I'm here." I told him matter of factly, despite the disgust with myself that flooded through me via my wolf.

He stared at me, his eyes scanning my face for a moment before he stood up straight and moved to stand right next to me, his approach causing me to turn completely towards him and take a slight step away from him.

He noticed the small movement and sighed before speaking.

"I'm not going to stop you from finding a new mate, Eliza. It's not even fair to keep you from finding someone else." He said as he stuffed his hands into his pocket.

I watched him for a moment, noticing the slight change in the way he stood and the difference in his expression. He wasn't happy thats for sure, but he wasn't angry either. It's as if he's convinced himself that he shouldn't chase after me despite his marriage.