He believes in me

May 16th 1992

CPS Office 

San Francisco

Ella P.O.V.

This is the happiest moment of my life. Although I'm crying but I've never felt this much happy before. I'm crying in my daddy's arms and he just gave me two nicknames and he promised me that he'll never leave me. This is a dream come true. It feels unreal. This is the best day of my life.

A guy who looked like a policeman by his uniform entered the room.

"Mr. Stark, we are from police department. We are here to take Miss Ella Louisa Adler's statement about that night."

"Not Adler anymore. Ella Louisa Stark." Daddy corrected him.

"Sorry. We are here to take Miss Stark's statement."

"No. I'm not allowing this." Daddy and I both tightened his grip on each other.

"After all what they did to her and her mother's suicide. No way. She's already traumatized enough. No I'm not allowing. Leave."

What?????

Suicide???

NOOOOOO

Mommy didn't committed suicide. No no no no that's not what happened. He killed mommy. He killed her I saw what happened and he was about to kill me too. I've to tell daddy. I've to tell everybody.

"No Daddy, Mommy didn't kill---"

My whisper was interrupted as Rhodey entered saying:

"Have u seen Pepper?"

"I was gonna ask the same thing. I thought she was outside with you."

"Lemme look around." He left.

"El you were saying something."

"Daddy mommy didn't killed herself. She was killed. By Charles Adler. My step dad. He killed her."

"What???"

"And he tried to kill me too after killing her." I started sobbing.

After I gave my statement, that police guy took dad and Rhodey to aside. They were talking in a low tone but still I can clearly hear them.

"She's probably making it up. No evidence proves that this happened. Charles Adler was not at home that day. We took statements from other witnesses and his friends. He was out of country." The police guy said.

"But you can't deny the fact that she was the only eye witness. All I know is that he's somewhere out there and he tried to hurt my daughter and can try to hurt her again. I want to file a case against him."

"Sorry we cannot file a case. Your child suffered a lot mentally. Maybe this is just one of her nightmares. We don't even know she's mentally okay or not."

"What are you tryna say huh." Daddy's face was flushing with anger.

"Don't take me wrong Mr. Stark but kids raised like that usually end up being mental patients."

"HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!"

Daddy was about to attack him but Rhodey was holding him back.

"Tony stop. Calm down."

"I'm not lying." I shouted and burst in tears.

"I cannot file a case. I'm sorry." He left.

No one believes me. I'm not lying. It's not my nightmare. I'm not mad.