A Day in the Life of a Citizen

On Sunday, Peter actually wakes up at a reasonable time, if you consider 11:00 am reasonable. It's the weekend, that's practically waking up early! Besides, he doesn't want to keep Tony waiting. He wasn't expecting to go shopping, especially with someone like Tony. This isn't exactly how he saw the weekend going, but then again nothing about this weekend has been predictable.

"Morning, kiddo." Tony walks out of the elevator, taking a sip of what's probably coffee. Hopefully coffee.

"Good morning, Mr. Stark," Peter greets with a smile.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" Tony leans on the arm of the couch Peter's sitting on. Peter decided to watch some TV while he waited for Tony to be done in the workshop. Normally he would go down and work with Tony, but he didn't want to bug him after yesterday.

"Yep! Did you?" Peter tries to make casual conversation. Tony holds up his mug as if it's all the answer he needs to give.

"Ready to head out? I made reservations for lunch at some fancy dancy place Pep recommended," he shrugs.

"Why not a hotdog stand or a burger joint instead? It's a lot less high profile. The last thing we want is the press spreading rumors," Peter suggests instead. "Fancy" sounds expensive. Plus, he definitely doesn't need Flash seeing him with Tony Stark all over social medias. Not that it wouldn't be great to rub it in his face, but Flash would probably find a way to torment him with it. Tony raises a skeptical eyebrow.

"Spreading rumors that you intern for me?" Tony questions, not getting Peter's point.

"Well, I mean, we shouldn't have attention drawn to us. Especially with my secret identity and what people at school would say, y'know?" Peter quickly specifies.

"Fine, but I still get to pick where we shop." Tony puts on his signature sunglasses and grabs a baseball hat off the back of the couch. He's somewhat worried about why Peter is concerned that people at his school will find out. Why would people at Peter's school care? They already know about the internship. "A day out and about with the little people, huh?" Peter smiles encouragingly and hops to his feet. He jogs over to his room to stuff his suit into his backpack, just in case he needs it. You can never be too prepared! He uses the long sleeves of his sweatshirt to hide his web-shooters before slinging the backpack over his shoulder.

"Ready!" They both get in the elevator and head down to the garage. Happy is waiting for them in a surprisingly inconspicuous black Cadillac. Well, inconspicuous compared to the Audis and Rolls Royces that Happy usually drives. Still, rarely anyone in Queens has a Cadillac, so they might get some looks. Tony opens the door for Peter, who slides in. "Hey, Happy!" Peter greets enthusiastically.

"Hi, Peter. How are things going?" Happy asks as Tony gets in and shuts the door behind him.

"Good! Fantastic." Peter nods with a tight-lipped smile. "How about you?" Great small talk, Peter. Bore them to death why don't you?

"My heart's still beating." Happy gives Tony a pointed look, who smiles innocently in return. "Where to?" he asks Tony while starting the engine.

"Peter's calling the shots on this one," Tony informs.

"Oh, then," Happy eyes in the rear view mirror shift to Peter "where to?" he repeats.

"Well, um, how about we go to Mr. Delmar's? It's the deli-grocery shop on the corner of 21st Street. He'll give us a discount, too!" Peter reconsiders his words for a moment. "Maybe. If I don't mention his daughter. Actually, we probably won't get that discount. I always have them before my patrols, though! He has the best sandwiches in Queens!" Peter rambles excitedly. He knows they're gonna love it! Tony raises a single, doubtful eyebrow.