That One Training Montage in Every Movie

HOW ARE THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN FAR FROM HOME FEELING???? NO SPOILERS HERE OR IN THE COMMENTS <3 I STILL FEEL LIKE THE WHOLE THING WAS A FEVER DREAM,,,,,

Back to our regularly scheduled update, I have a extra loooong chapter for you today!! I'm SUPER excited for this chapter because it was a lot of fun to write. We have a smidge of emotion as always ;)

Also! I made an Instagram account solely dedicated to fic related content: @Kevy_Fanfics. Have fun and stay safe❤🧡💛💚💙💜

---

Peter doesn't sleep that night, but not for lack of trying. May makes him some chamomile tea to help relax him, but it doesn't work. He's too anxious about what he's planning to do and it keeps him up all night. He tries taking a shower, listening to music, talking to Karen, but nothing helps. He briefly debates waking up May, but she needs as much sleep as she can get for her shift tomorrow. Instead, he lies in bed and powers through the night. They decided that he would take the school day off, since he doesn't have any major exams, and recover from the past few days.

Maybe an all nighter isn't the best way to recover, he thinks absentmindedly around six in the morning. With nothing else to do and boredom consuming him, he decides to get up and make himself and May breakfast. He settles for making a big bowl of scrambled eggs and a plate of several pieces of bacon. May is surprised when she walks into the kitchen, but doesn't oppose Peter's kind gesture.

"Are you ready?" May asks, carefully gauging Peter's facial features. He looks tired, but she'll be sure he gets enough sleep tonight. Peter nods as he swallows his food.

"As ready as I can be for this kind of thing. I just feel like I owe it to him, y'know?" May smiles.

"I know." She does, because working in an ER where patients can't always be saved gives her the same feeling. She just wishes she could be there for each family that experiences a loss.

"Thanks, May. I think I'll swing there. Should I bring something? I mean, going empty handed feels so..." Peter trails off, not exactly sure how to explain.

"Shitty?" May supplies, earning a chuckle from Peter.

"Yeah, I guess so." There's a beat of silent before Peter speaks again "What if he hates me?" he whispers. May rubs her nephew's shoulder, providing more comfort to him than she realizes.

"Being there for him already shows how much you care. Have you talked to Tony?"

"Yeah, he said he'll meet me there. He sent me the address." Before bed, Peter and Tony talked over the phone about a favor. Of course, Tony was immediately on board despite Peter's obvious anxieties. Peter hates that he asked Tony for money, but it isn't for him so he doesn't feel quite as guilty.

"Are you sure you don't need me to come?" May double checks. She's worried about how going through this will affect Peter.

"I'm sure. I don't want you to miss anymore shifts. I've got it. I'll call you if I need anything, I promise." Peter gives her an encouraging smile to help get rid of some of her worries. She returns his smile without a second thought.

"You're doing a good thing," she assures. Peter does his best to believe it.

They finish their breakfast not too long after and May heads out of the apartment before Peter changes into his Spider-Man suit.

"Good morning, Peter." He could almost cry the second he hears Karen's voice greet him.

"Hey, Karen. It's great to have you back," he says honestly as he climbs out the window.