Six: Drunken Stars

Sloane really tried to talk herself out of what she was doing right now

Sloane really tried to talk herself out of what she was doing right now. She really did. However, here she was climbing up Nancy Wheeler's roof with a bottle of bourbon she stole from her father's liquor cabinet. The girl was alone in her room, just like Sloane wanted as she knocked on the window. She stifled a laugh as Nancy jumped out of her skin, but contained it as the girl walked over to the window.

"How the hell do you know where I live?" was weirdly the first question Nancy asked, looking unimpressed with her arms crossed.

"That's your first question, really? Not "why are you climbing my house?" Interesting," Sloane said with a laugh as she sat on the windowsill and made herself comfortable, "Come on up, we're getting drunk."

"I am not getting drunk with you let alone on a rooftop," Nancy scoffed, but Sloane was already too busy climbing her way to the top. She hung down upside down in front of the window with a smile on her face, scaring Nancy half to death in the process.

She huffed at the girl, putting on a fake pout. "I didn't screw your ex-boyfriend, what grudge do you have against me? Come on, last time I was getting over a breakup I turned to a much less healthy coping mechanism. You should be thankful. Come on up, buttercup, we're gonna drink until you forget you ever even dated that loser."

"He's not a loser," Nancy mumbled to herself as she reluctantly placed one foot on the windowsill and began to pull herself up to the roof where the blonde girl was waiting for her and unscrewing the lid to the bourbon.

Sloane smiled and took a swig, saying to Nancy, "Took ya long enough. All right, let's play a game. Us girls gotta start sticking together, but you don't trust me at all. So, you tell me something I don't know about you and I'll do the same. If you won't talk, you drink."

Nancy looked skeptical as all hell as she settled down as comfortably as one could on a roof during an early November night. The stars were shining as the wind whistled softly in their ears. Besides that, it was deadly silent. She looked over at the girl next to her, noticing the glint of mischievousness and temptation in her eyes.

"Why would I want to do that?"

"Oh, you won't talk? Drink then," Sloane spoke satisfactorily, teasing Nancy with the bottle. Looking annoyed, Nancy took the bottle and took a sip before scrunching up her face at the burning sensation that came with any quality bourbon. "Don't act so prude, we all saw you totally shitfaced last night, Nance. All right, since you won't start us off, I will. Let's just scratch the surface, why don't we? Sloane is my middle name. Wanna guess my first?"

"I'm not going to play any games with you," Nancy rolled her eyes and grabbed the bottle again, taking a bigger swig this time.

Sloane sighed and rolled her eyes, "You're gonna be falling off this roof wasted if you don't start talking. Why don't you tell me what your problem with me is? Since it seems you need to be prompted."