Eighteen: Teen Fantasy

"We have to kill it

"We have to kill it." Joyce Byers joined the conversation, nodding towards Sloane, she spoke with a shaky voice, "I don't know who you are, but I like your attitude."

"Friend of Nancy and Jonathan's," Sloane explained as everyone stared at Joyce. From what Sloane knew, the woman had locked herself in her youngest son's room since her boyfriend, the Bob the boys had been speaking of earlier, had been brutally killed moments before they got to the house. Sloane was thankful she never had to see what went down in that lab. She shivered just at the thought of what the people around this table had been through long before Sloane came to Hawkins. "I like your attitude, too."

Hopper approached Joycecarefully as she continued, "I want to kill it."

"Me too," Hopper voiced softly, "I--, me, too, Joyce, okay? But how do we do that? We don't know exactly what we're dealing with here."

"No, but he does," Mike piped up, "If anyone knows how to destroy this thing it's Will. He's connected to it. He'll know its weakness."

Max cut in, saying, "I thought we couldn't trust him anymore?"

"We can't? God, I missed a lot, didn't I? Nancy, do you know what's going on?" Sloane asked, looking at the brunette who only shrugged in response.

"I got here the same time you did, Sloane," was all she offered which was a fair point. At least they were confused together. However, Sloane hated feeling so out of the loop. "So, what? He's like... a spy for the Mind Flayer?"

"Exactly," Mike responded, "but he can't spy if he doesn't know where he is."

Sloane scoffed, "We're literally in his house? Where can we take him that won't be distinguishable to him and lead this Mind Flayer thing here?"

Mike looked out to the back door, an idea clearly popping into his head, "I know where."

He and Hopper left the house, presumably to go to whatever area this was that they could use. Sloane chewed on her nails absentmindedly as they waited, her eyes drawling over to the boy resting on the couch. He looked so young, too innocent to be tied up in all of this. However, she knew if they weren't careful with their next moves, that innocent boy could absolutely be their undoing. Looking at him, Sloane was terrified.

After a few minutes, Hopper and Mike re-entered as he chief commanded, "All right, kids and teens, come help us make the shed unrecognizable."

"Shed?" Sloane questioned as she followed everyone out the door. In the darkness, she saw a pile of objects on the grass as they approached a small, wooden building. "Ah, a shed. Yeah, that makes sense. So, what are we doing?"