II. The Glitch

"Holy shit!" I whimpered as I touched my hair. I still have my bangs but my hair is now shorter.

I glanced down to look for fallen hair or anything that would explain what is happening 'Am I balding!?', that was when I noticed something different about my chest: It was flat-----------ter. 

"OH, NO!" I panicked and instantly started to feel around for my lost womanhood.

"Lisaaa!" Rosé knocked, she must have heard me scream, "Are you okay?" she asked from outside the door.

"Yeah!?" I answered doubtfully. Then I noticed my voice was deeper.

"Are you sure? Did you ate too much dumplings?"

"I'm fine." I reassured her, this time consciously making my voice sound smaller.

"Okay, just don't go too crazy in there." Rosé answered, it seems like she was convinced.

I started to pace around the room in panic. "Oh, no - no - no - no - no - nooo.. short hair, flat chest, lower voice. What's going on?" I whispered.

Then I finally decided to make the ultimate test to confirm if my dreaded theory was correct. I slowly pulled on the garter of my sweatpants to check and looked down.

"Waaahhhhh!" I bawled.

"Hey Nallalisa!" This time it was Jisoo at the door. "Your room sounded like Tarzan and some deadly apes are fighting in there. Are you okay?"

"Uh- Yea, unnie." I tried to recreate my aegyo (cute/baby) voice to convince her.

"Okay. Dinner's almost ready, so start tidying up..." she said her voice trailing away as she probably walked towards the kitchen.

I got up and stood in front of the mirror again, facing my pale, scared and now boyish face. I tried pinching myself, maybe I was dreaming. But it hurt.

I sat on my bed, pressed by head hard on my palms and thought hard. 

After a few minutes I thought 'What if I take another picture? What would happen? Would I go back to normal?'.

I picked the phone from the floor, stood in front of the mirror again, braced myself, and pressed the photo capture button.

A 'Click!' and a blinding white light later, I was once again staring at my usual girl self. I sighed in relief. I looked at the phone and started to ponder and raise a lot of questions as to how it became like that.

"LISA!" Another loud knock. I jumped. It was Rosé "Unnie wants me to tell you that dinner's ready!"

"What the heck Chaeng, stop scaring me like that!" I said when I opened the door.

Rosé looked at me skeptically, "You know, I think Jennie-unnie's jumpy psyche is really rubbing off you. You're being such a scaredy cat lately."

"Uhh... Whatever Chaeng-munk." I quickly pinched her cheeks in revenge, and immediately ran off ahead so she can't get back at me. 

"Ouch! Hey!"

"What did Jisoo-unnie made? I'm hungry." I asked to distract her.

"Just see for yourself." she answered while rubbing her face, as we inched closer to the dining area.

Jisoo was in the kitchen, wearing her apron and oven mitts. Upon sensing our arrival, she dramatically turned and presented the tray she was holding in her hands.

"TADA!" Jisoo presented her masterpiece animatedly. 

It was ---

"Chicken." I said, my shoulders falling.

"Yes, but this one is special." Jisoo explained. 

She placed the dish on the dining table, removed her apron and mitts, and adjusted her hair. I prepared myself for her seemingly long speech, but she followed and ended with just---

"I used butter on this chikin." she proudly said.

"Wha- Its fried butter chicken? That's it?"

Noticing my disappointment, she dropped her smile and started sulking. "Fineee..." she said with a sudden hurtful and dramatic tone "I'll make normal fried chicken if you don't like this.", and started to walk back towards the kitchen. "No one appreciates the effort I put into things..." she mumbled.

"Wait! No!" I hugged her from the side, while putting on my sweetest character "I like the butter-- and I mean, I feel like I haven't had chicken in ages. Its been like two days. Its been sooo long-"

"That was a different chicken dish, Lisa!"

"Yah-unnie... Here, let me give you an apology kiss." I puckered my lips and started closing in on her.

She covered her cheeks with her hand in defense and said "Look, at least Rosie appreciates it!" Jisoo pointed. And we both caught Rosé already munching on a chicken wing.

 And we both caught Rosé already munching on a chicken wing

"Oh sorry. Are we not eating yet? I'm already hungry." she bowed apologetically, the half-eaten chicken wing still in her hands.

"I'm hereee!" Jennie announced her arrival from the doorway.

The three of us froze and looked at her in sync "Welcome home!".

Jennie stared at us for a moment then commented, "Why do I ALWAYS catch you guys in the weirdest of situations?". 

"So, how did your endorsement go today?" I asked enthusiastically, as we all took our seats in the table to eat.

"It was good, better than I expected." Jennie answered. "We're lucky the weather calmed down, although it is still raining the whole day."

"I hope the weather would be pleasant tomorrow, I have a scheduled taping for 'Inkigayo'." Jisoo shared.

"Oh! That starts tomorrow, unnie? I wish the same then, I have to be in the studio for rehearsals." Rosé added.

"Wait. I'm going to be alone tomorrow?" I asked them disappointingly.

"Dalgom and Kuma, will be here with you." Jisoo suggested, referring to her white Maltese dog and Jennie's dog.

"But Dalgom hates me!"

"But Kuma doesn't." Jennie inserted. "The animals in the shelter were really cute. I hope I'd get to adopt another dog, so you can have more playmates." Jennie teased.

"Jennieee-" I was going to throw a fake fit.

"I'm just kidding." she said with a grin.

"Oh, or we could get cats!" I suggested happily as we started eating dinner.

"Or another fishhh." Rosie added.

"Or... we could get..." It was Jisoo's turn.

"chickens?" Jennie, Rosé and I said in chorus.

Jisoo shrugged "I was gonna suggest just one chicken, but I guess I don't mind if we get a whole brood."