IX. Lisa's Confession

'Should I tell her the truth?' I silently asked myself as I sat, deep in thought, in our dormitory's living room.

'What if she ends up hating me? Maybe I should message her one last time to say goodbye as Limario. Or should I just let her move on from him? She doesn't need to know it was me. We can all pretend that he just vanished into thin air.'

'But what if she reports him as missing to the police and they investigate about him? And they'll find out--'

"Lisaaa!" I heard Jisoo calling from the kitchen. I immediately got up from the couch and walked towards her with a slouchy posture.

"Yes, unnie?" I slowly poked my head in the door.

"Come here." I somehow sensed that I was going to get scolded by her. 

She was holding a canister in her hands. "Is this yours?"

I looked into it then suddenly exclaimed "Oh!", I quickly grabbed my phone which was inside the container of uncooked rice. "I forgot I left it here."

"Really?" she shook her head at me in disagreement "First you left the TV remote on the dish rack and now your phone. What's next, shoes inside the fridge?"

"But unnie, haven't you heard that if your gadget got wet, you have to put it in a rice container?" I explained "That's why I left it there.".

She rolled her eyes at me "Did it work though?".

I pressed the power button on my phone, but it still did not respond. "No, I don't think so." I answered sadly. 

I must've sounded and looked really crestfallen, because Jisoo's mood suddenly shifted from naggy to comforting "Well, you've always wanted to buy a new phone for months now right? Let's just take that to a technician to get the important files, then we'll go get you a new one." 

"Aww

"Aww... Unnieee!" I wrapped my arms around her and fake sobbed. Although I really wanted to cry, Jisoo's rare moment of genuine sweetness towards me made me happy. So, I went in and teased her.

"There, there..." She said while patting my arms "Hey Lalice, are you seriously crying over a phone?"

"What? No!" I pulled away and noticed that a tear fell from my eye. "These are tears of joy." I fabricated.

Jisoo looked at me thoughtfully "Lisa, if anything's bothering you, you know you can talk to me right?"

"Wha-- I'm fine unnie." I said weakly.

"Are you sure? I noticed that you're not as energetic as you usually are."

I looked away and answered "I'm okay. I think I just don't feel well probably because of the rainy weather."

Jisoo immediately placed her palms on my forehead to feel my temperature "You're not feverish though."

Knowing of Jisoo's weakness I decided to tease her a little bit more "I think if you'd let me kiss and cuddle with you, I'd start to feel energized again."