IV. Pursuing Nini

"So, your name is Li Mario?" Jennie asked me as we both got out of the studio.

"Ah yea, and what about you?" I tried to divert the question away from my origins.

"Kim Jennie." she introduced.

"Blackpink?" I confirmed, acting as if I didn't know everything about her.

"Yes." she answered "So, are you Korean? Because you seem familiar to me. I feel like we have met before-".

"Uh, Yes Korean." I promptly told her, I think I can pull it off since I have been living in the country for six years now. "So how long were you a trainee before you debuted?"

"Oh, it was six years..." I was starting to feel that she's becoming uncomfortable, probably because I have been cutting her off and curtly asking questions.

"Sorry, if I'm kind of awkward. That audition really made me nervous. I'm still a little tensed." I explained.

"Were you really? Because it didn't show." she said smilingly as we neared the building lobby. "You actually danced professionally, like you've been performing in public for a few years already."

'So she did watch my performance.' I gleefully thought. "Did I? Thank you." I tried to be as humble as I can but couldn't stop feeling giddy.

"Anyway, my ride is here." Jennie announced while checking her phone. "I have to go."

"Right. Uhm... Thank you for showing me where the audition studio was, and eventually accompanying me through out the process." I said.

"It's my pleasure." She flashed me her gummy smile and waved. "It was nice meeting you, Limario."

"Same here, Jennie." I said as I watched her walk out of the building.

'Damn, that went so well.' I thought to myself, while staring at the now Jennie-less building lobby. I was still grinning. 

Then I wondered 'If I was really a guy, would Jennie like me?'. There is a chance she might, we seemed very warm and friendly just now.

At the rate of things, Limario will likely pass the trainee auditions and even get a chance to be more than friends with Jennie. Things are going pretty well, that I started to feel a strong envy towards my alter self. Hence, I came to a resolution to take this chance that fate has given me. 

I then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to build a solid background for my male self. I have established that Limario is Korean, and came from a far off province; and he may have a mix of another Asian race just in case someone tells me I look different. 

I went to a market place in Seoul where a lot of knock offs are sold and got myself a fake ID, and a disposable phone. If I will play this game of alternate egos, I might as well do it right.

After I was finished shopping, I walked into one of the empty alley ways near our dormitory and swiftly took a selfie, which made me turn back to normal. 

I looked around just to double check if anyone saw me 'Note to self, this is a risky place to switch in the future'. 

When I arrived at home it was almost dinner time.

"I'm home!" I announced.

"Welcome back!" I heard Jennie's voice in the kitchen.

"Oh, you've returned!" Rosé went out and greeted me with a box of macaroons in her hand. "You want some? A fan handed me this after rehearsals."

I nodded and beamed, took a piece from the box, put it in my mouth and quickly went to my room to put my secret purchases away.

When I entered the kitchen, both Jennie and Rosé were already wearing their aprons. I knew well enough that Rosé's outfit is just for show and that the cooking will be mostly done by Jennie however.