Two

TWO

POV Lea

« Dude, that's huge. How many languages do you speak again ?! »

« I'm learning four languages, but you know, it's not that big of a deal. Once you start learning them you realise it's more easier than you thought it would be, » I answer Billie with a smile.

We've been talking for maybe twenty minutes, and if at first it was a little awkward because I felt intimidated, it's really not anymore. The only thing that makes me swallow hard is when she just looks at me with those damn blue eyes and smirks, and I swear she knows the effect it has on me. Fucking smile.

She laughs a little and shakes her head.

« I only know fucking english which is like, the ugliest language of all,» she says jokingly.

I let out a chuckle just as her phone starts ringing in the pocket of her hoodie. Billie gives me a brief nod before taking the call with a carefree expression on her face. She talks in a agitated way with what seems to be a guy, but as the discussion progresses I see her face becoming more serious.

« Nah, Finn, your ass better be here to take me to the hotel once I get out of this fucking elevator! And no, tell them that we don't fucking cancel the show! I promise, I'll be on time, » she argues with a loud voice, leaning against the wall of the elevator.

After speaking a little bit more with the guy and frowning, Billie finally puts her phone back in her oversized hoodie, letting out a sigh. I know it's none of my business but she seems to be feeling down so I decide to ask about it.

« What was that about ? »

My question takes her by surprise, as if she had forgotten that I am here with her. She hesitates a moment, then runs a hand through her hair, closing her eyes.

« It's my brother, Finneas. He's telling me that he's not gonna be there once I get out of here so I'm gonna have to deal with fa... I mean... »

Billie stops for a moment, not wanting to finish her sentence.

« I mean, I had something planned tonight, and a lot of people are gonna be there and I'm supposed to do it but now we're late in the preparations and they're telling me they wanna fucking cancel it. It's like bro don't tell me what to fucking do with myself. If I wanna do it, I wanna do it. »

I frown in confusion. What the hell is she even talking about ? A lot of people need to attend something she's gonna do tonight ? She really wants to do it ? Wait... No, she doesn't seem to be the type of people who would do something like that, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

« So you... like you do umm... you know ? I mean I don't judge it's just um..., » I try to ask, not knowing how to formulate it.

Billie looks at me with confusion, then she stops for a moment and realises what I'm trying to talk about. She bursts out laughing, waving her hand in the air and shaking her head.

« No, no, no, dude no ! What the hell you thinking about ? Oh. My. Fucking. God, no. No, I'm just supposed to do a show tonight, » she tries to explain to me through her bursts of laughter.

I have to admit I'm even more confused right now.

Then, the realisation hits me. The teenagers running around screaming earlier, the medias and the bodyguards, the agitation before we entered the elevator. When you think about it, it all makes sense.

Billie looks at me, waiting to see if I can finally put the pieces of the puzzle back together. Suddenly, I feel myself growing even more nervous and tired than before. That's why she seemed so familiar.