Ten

TEN

POV Lea

« WHAT THE FUCK DUDE ?! »

These are the words that make me jump as soon as I answer Billie's call, and I frown as I take a moment to recover my hearing.

The article of the magazine is supposed to come out today but I haven't had the guts to check it out yet, only because I know it's gonna be a disaster. For some reason, they took a long time to finish it and it's been almost two weeks since I went through the horrible interview. Tomorrow, Billie is supposed to finally arrive in Paris and even if we've not been able to talk a lot lately due to her busy schedule, I can't wait to see her.

But now I'm freaking out. I knew this would be coming, I knew she would read this article but judging by the tone of Billie, they did even worst than I imagined.

Shit.

« What. The. Fuck. What the fuck is that ?! Dude, what the fuck ?!!! Have you read it ? Have you read the fucking piece of shit they wrote ? What did you do ?! » Billie attacks me immediately without giving me time to explain myself.

« Hey ! I didn't do anything just let me... »

« I'm gonna fucking kill you ! »

I raise my hands to defend myself even if she's not here to see me. What did they say that could be so bad ?

« Listen let me explain what... »

« The unexpected fetish of Billie Eilish, exclusive interview ?! What the fuck is that ?! »

Oh.

I take the time to sigh and sit on the chair of my desk, running a hand through my hair as I try to find a good excuse. Truth is, I didn't think they would make a big deal out of it. I didn't think they would be dumb enough to make an entire article about it...

« Calm down, I just wanted to... »

« Shut up ! » Billie cuts me on more time, and I can't tell if she's about to laugh or fuming of anger. « Let me read it out loud for you, you dumb bitch. »

I guess it's not really the best time to try to talk to her so I just listen as she starts to read the whole thing, focusing on certain words and making the article sound like a joke.

« Exclusive interview this Sunday with the mysterious « elevator girl », about her time spent alone with the international pop star Billie Eilish.

Being stuck in an elevator with a celebrity for hours is the dream of many fans, and Talia* (*name changed for anonymous purposes) got to experience it as she was going to her school on this singular Monday morning. She told us all about it and even revealed some crazy gossips no one could have ever guessed.

« I wasn't expecting it at all, it just happened and I am glad it did », explained the seventeen years old student with a dreamy smile. »

I cover my ears, not wanting to hear anything more. Billie keeps reading it even when I tell her to stop, and I know I deserve it somehow. But really, who could be dumb enough to write something like that ?!

« As we talked, Talia felt more confident to confide some interesting secrets about the young singer, and we can tell you we weren't expecting it.

« You're never going to believe it, but Billie has actually a thing for feet, » affirmed our guest, and a look of vulnerability could be seen in her eyes.

She didn't want to share the circumstances in which this unexpected aspect of Billie Eilish was revealed, but we can imagine they weren't too innocent. Indeed, Talia seemed really impacted by her time spent with what she calls « an incredible and amazingly kind person ». Our favorite singer sure knows how to behave with fans !