How to Talk Dirty

The phone rang interrupting everything this bed had to offer. Roger and I figured it was most likely hotel front desk staff calling to ask how our night’s sleep was and if they could do anything for us. We let it ring…and ring… and ring…“Mmmm…you better get that…” I mumbled, not wanting Roger to move even a half-centimeter away from me. However, that stupid phone had rung four times.

 “Hello?” Roger answered the phone half yawning and half asleep.

 “Where the hell are you!? It’s 9:30!” I could hear Freddie’s voice on the other end.

 “What do you mean where the hell am I? I’m in bed.” Roger answered, nearly pulling the phone off the nightstand as he attempted to roll over the opposite way and mostly on me.

 “We have a press conference at 10:30! Elektra is picking up us at 10:00! Didn’t you read the itinerary!?” Freddie said rather panicky. Roger yawned again.

 “What itinerary?” he asked.

 “The itinerary that’s in the fucking Elektra Records portfolio!” Freddie shrieked to him. Roger covered the receiver of the phone.

 “Lyd, is there some kinda’ Elektra Records portfolio layin’ around here with some stupid itinerary?” he asked. I sighed a little and pushed myself up.

 “Mmmm…I don’t know…what would it look like?” I asked, sleepily.

 “What does it look like?” Roger asked, Freddie huffed, rather irritated with him.

 “I don’t know, Rog! It’s a fucking binder thing!” he said. “And why does that matter!? Get down here!” he said. Roger covered the phone receiver again.

 “Okay, he says it’s a binder thing. Do you see a binder thing?” Roger asked me. Shit. This meant me getting up from my cozy little spot and putting forth an effort. I sighed and crawled out of bed.

 “Freddie, where would this binder be located?” Roger asked.

 “I don’t know! Just…in your room somewhere! Jesus, will you just trust me that you need to be out of bed and DOWN HERE ON THE CLUB LEVEL FOR BREAKFAST!” Freddie yelled into the phone.

 “Okay, okay, okay. I’m gettin’ up. I’ll just have Lyd order room service to save some time and…”

 “Fine, whatever! Tell Lydia that Mary says to meet her, Veronica and Chrissie for Breakfast at 10:15 on the club level.” Freddie instructed Roger, cutting him off.

 “Oooh yeah…here it is.” I said to Roger while he was still on the phone and finding the itinerary that Freddie had been bitching about. “My god, Roger! Did you realize we could drink for free downstairs?” I said to him, looking over the itinerary very briefly. I didn’t pay most of it attention. “Hey, do you need your suit pressed for the premiere? My gown is supposed to be delivered sometime before 5:00. If you want your suit pressed I need to…ROGER! Sweetheart, you have a press conference! Get up!” I said, going back over to Roger seeing as he had hung up on Freddie without as much as a goodbye and dozed off.

 “Huh? Wha…oh shit…shit okay, okay. I’m up. I’m supposed to tell you to meet Chrissie, Veronica and Mary for breakfast at 10:15.” Roger said, relaying the message.

 “Oh, good! Alright, now do you want your suit pressed or not?” I repeated, bringing the Elektra binder to bed with me while Roger got up to get dressed. I moved myself over to the point where I was lying in his spot and reached for the phone and the room service menu.

 “Yeah, have it pressed. Why didn’t I just send it off with your gown yesterday?” Roger asked. I had poured far too much thought into that very question. I didn’t answer as room service picked up on the opposite end of the phone. Roger had exactly a half hour to be downstairs so I ordered the fastest deliverable item I could find on the menu. Upon ending that call, I then phoned the front desk to have someone come pick up his suit for the premiere tonight. That’s when it dawned on me that I would need to get up and get dressed myself. “What else was on that itinerary?” Roger asked of me.