4🌻

Your eyes fluttered open as the feeling of your head bumping into something every few seconds woke you up.

You rubbed your eyes, your vision a bit blurry as you thought to yourself.

'What a weird dream I had... zombies and Jungkook.'

You rubbed your eyes, now aware you were sitting in a car.

'Where am I?'

"Nice to know your finally awake." a familiar arrogant voice was heard from your right.

You looked in shock to see Jeon Jungkook, dressed exactly as he was in your dream.

"W-what happened?" you asked, a bit shocked.

"You passed out while we were running, so I had to carry your heavy ass into the car. Along with all our other items."

"I'm not heavy.." you pouted and looked down, "but what were we running from? I can't remember anything."

Jungkook chuckled to himself as your eyes widened while he began to recall what had happened.

Flashback~

Suddenly you heard a low moan of pain and grunting from behind you. You both turned around to see your teacher, without an arm, skin tinted green walking towards you quickly. You screamed and panicked, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, Jungkook hit her with a bat aggressively, knocking her down and ending her for good.

He grabbed your arm and began to run.

"Run idiot!"

And you did just that. The adrenaline rush powering you to to pass Jungkook, who stared in both awe and confusion.

Then suddenly, as if your system just shut down, your body collapsed on the ground.

"Y/n!" Jungkook panicked looking at your unconscious state. "No no no! Not now! Wake up please!" he tried to shake you awake, but it didn't work.

He heard a group of zombies behind him and knew he had to hurry. Muttering under his breath, he hesitantly carried you onto his back.

Wrapping your arms around his neck, he held onto you and the supplies, running as quickly as he could to his car. It was parked at the back of the school conveniently.

He placed the bags down in the back and carefully placed you onto the passenger seat. He then sat down himself into the drivers seat and quickly drove away.

He remembered the small cottage that his mom used to live in, before moving to the city after he was born. He visited the place a few times, knowing it was the closest option.

It was a safe and isolated place to keep you both safe for the time being.

Present time~

After Jungkook finished, he glanced at you seeing as there was no reaction coming from you.

Instead, a simple, "Oh." was heard from you.

What were you supposed to say? You were in complete shock of everything that has happened so far. Was this even real life at this point?

Jungkook's voice was what snapped you out of your thoughts. You turned to look at him.

"We're here."

You look forward. In front of you both was a small cottage that blended in with the trees surrounding it, it was hidden so well that a passerby wouldn't even notice it.

You got out of the car and helped Jungkook unload the baggage.

As you grabbed your bag, you heard a tiny bark. You had completely forgotten about Yeontan. You looked behind you to check if Jungkook had heard it, but it seemed he didn't notice.

Pressing your lips together in line, you grabbed the remaining items and shut the car door.

Jungkook left the door for the cottage open for you, as he parked the car in a more hidden spot.

You looked around at the cottage's interior, as you carefully placed all the baggage in the middle of a long table.

Jungkook came inside, shutting the door securely behind him. He began to barricade the door as he started speaking.

"Instead of standing there doing nothing, why don't you be useful and help barricade the windows."

You looked at him annoyed. Under your breath, you said, "Why don't you be useful and shut the f-"

"What was that?" he said cutting you off.

You rolled your eyes and began placing items to cover the windows, to hide yourselves. "Nothing."

After a bit, you decided to go feed Yeontan, assuming he had finished the small amount of dog food you kept for him.

As you tore off a small piece of bread, you remembered Taehyung, and the promise you made for him.

Flashback~

"Y/n, I want you to promise you'll keep Yeontan safe. This is the first time I'm being this far away from him." he said.

"Don't worry TaeTae, I pinky-promise I'll keep him safe no matter what." you smiled as you linked both of your pinkies together.

Present~

Your eyes started to get teary. "I promise I'll keep him safe no matter what." you said to yourself with a sad smile.

Jungkook was down the hallway, finishing up the last few rooms while you were supposed to be trying to call for help.

You put the piece of bread into the bag and carefully closed the zipper halfway. You heard footsteps from behind you.

"What are you doing?" he asked, about to look over your shoulder.

"Nothing! Did you finish the rooms?" you said, quickly rubbing your eyes with your sleeve before turning around and pushing him to the couch.

"Yeah, everything's barricaded. But I have some bad news." he said.

"What is it?"

"There's only one bed."