12🌻

Y/N POV
I woke to the sound of static. Deja vu much?

Maybe there was a chance that we could get out and get our happily ever after? Maybe there's still hope left?

Hope is the only thing we still have anyways.

I tried turning the knobs of the radio back and forth to clear up the static. I could hear faint voices, but it was difficult to make out what was being said. For all I know it could be playing a ballad right now. Speaking of ballads, where's Jungkook?

My eyes were dried out from crying too much during these past weeks that my eyes couldn't even water if they wanted to. But I knew in reality I would've already started crying by now.

Ha.
I'm pathetic.

I decided to make myself useful and get up. I walked to the kitchen and thought to myself, we're right back where we started.

I saw Jungkook knocked out on the floor. He's a heavy sleeper isn't he, haha.

I noticed a gun in his hand. What?

I reached for the gun to find that it was fully loaded. A terrible thought came to mind that I didn't want to believe,.. did he shoot himself?

I quickly examined him before reassuring myself that he was indeed alive and somewhat well, as I could hear his loud yet adorable snoring.

Perhaps he had fallen asleep while he trying to protect us? Are there even any more zombies out there?

I look out the window through holes in the wooden barricades and see absolutely nothing but trees.

Come to think of it, there were no zombies on our way to the cabin. Had they all died out? Wait a minute, what even happened to us? Did we not die?

"Y-Y/n?"

Jungkook slowly awoke as I spoke to him, kneeling down.

"How are you feeling? Is your leg any better?"

"Still broken but I should be fine. How's your head?"

"Better than before." I tried to smile at him.

He slowly and carefully held me in arms as he gave a gentle kiss to my forehead. I felt safe. I felt warm. I felt okay, as if everything was going to be okay.

"The radio, it started working again but I'm not sure anymore."

"It's alright, we should try to head out of the city at least. Maybe towards Daegu? Or Busan? Seoul is just too dangerous at the moment."

"J-Jungkook... what if we never make it out of here? As far we know the entire zombie population could either be entirely wiped out or expanded way more. What even happened to us? How did we survive..?" I looked down, I was so confused. Every last bit of hope began to drain out of me like a desert after a short rain.

"Actually Y/n.. rescue did find us. And they saved us before it was too late, but unfortunately they were taken as victims before we could all escape."

If there was even any chance of escaping before, it was for sure gone now.

"Kook, what are we supposed to even do at this point?! We are in a ghost town possibly filled with flesh eating zombies!" I began to yell.

"Maybe.. just maybe if you drove a little faster we could be out of here. Maybe if we thought of a solution earlier, both Taehyung and that stranger Jimin could be alive right now!" my voice rose.

He looked at me, with an expression of shock mixed with confusion and hurt. I was blaming him. How could I?

I didn't like loosing my cool, I felt awful. But in the moment, all I could do was let out my anger and frustration on the one person that's still by my side.

"Are you serious right now, Y/n? I've been keeping you safe and carrying you even with a broken leg and this is how you treat me? I really thought you loved me, you know." Jungkook, clearly offended, stood up and limped out of the room.

I watched him leave.

I didn't stop him.

Before I could process what had just happened he was already out the front door.

I rushed out and saw him standing on the porch. It was dark out, when Jungkook and I woke up. By now, the sun began to rise. The sky swirled around with different colors as a brisk breeze brushed through his hair. He took a deep breathe in as he stood peacefully.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, I was just upset at the circumstances. I should have never let my anger out on you, you didn't deserve that."

He turned his head to the side, enough to see me, and motioned me to come next to him. I walked over to him and I stared at the sky, copying his movements.

"Y/n. My phone, I-I got a message. My phone is almost completely broken but, the connection. It's back."

"Who'd you get a message from?"

"Lisa.."