6🌻

You were both sitting in the car in silence. You were looking outside the window staring blankly, while Jungkook kept his eyes focused on the road.

You each had a bag to carry supplies in, and bat to protect yourselves with. There was an awkward silence as Jungkook drove through the murky city. Neither of you talked to each other ever since the fight over Yeontan yesterday.

A rotten stench surrounds you, and it begins to become foggy. You see in the distance something bright and orange. Your eyes widened in horror.

"Fire.."

Jungkook stops the car and looks at you in confusion and worry.

"What?"

"There's a fire!" you say pointing to the flames that are rapidly making their way towards the vehicle.

"Shit!" he backs the car into reverse as the fire is slowly engulfing you both. The car drives back, as fire catches onto the hood.

You grabbed a half-empty bottle of water and poured it onto the fire. The car was still in good condition with a burn spot on the hood.

Jungkook drives away to a convenience store farther away from the fire. You scan your eyes over the windows and then looked back at Jungkook.

"It's clear, let's go quickly."

Time Skip~

You were grabbing all the non perishable foods. You shoved all the canned foods into your bag quickly as you moved through the store. You also made to sure to grab toilet paper, and other items needed.

You saw Jungkook doing the same as he was crouched over taking cans from a basket. Your eyes widened and you quickly grabbed your bat.

A zombie was making its way behind Jungkook, ready to pounce and feast on him.

"JUNGKOOK! BEHIND YOU!"

Before he could turn around to see what was behind him, you charged towards the bloodthirsty creature with your bat, beating it to the point where it was completely motionless.

Afterwards, you turned to Jungkook who stared in awe at what you had just done. You hugged him tightly.

"Are you ok? I'm sorry I should've warned you earlier." you said, your tears already soaking into his clothes.

"I-I'm fine, are you okay? I didn't know you could do that!" he pulled away and smiled at you.

You wiped your tears, chuckling.

"Me neither."

You both sat in the car, the silence retreating. You were still a bit scared after the sudden zombie attack, but you felt a bit better after you saved Jungkook.

"Hey, about Yeontan, I just want to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lashed out on you like that, you probably had your reasons." Jungkook said, breaking the silence.

"Don't be sorry, I get it. Your already stressed enough about having to take care of us both, bringing a living animal to take care of probably just made you even more stressed."

"Thanks for understanding, but I still am sorry. I shouldn't have said all those things."

"It's okay." You smiled at him.

"If it's okay to ask, why and how did you bring your dog? Did you know the apocalypse was happening that day at school?" he asked.

You stayed silent for a few seconds before replying, "Yeontan isn't my dog, that's his name by the way. He's actually a close friend of mine's. My friend went to go visit his sick grandmother and asked me to watch his dog for him while he was gone. That night I felt weird, so I brought Yeontan to school with me so I would know he was safe. Now he's here with us. And I promised I would keep Yeontan safe."

You finished talking and looked out the window.

"Does your friend know about the apocalypse happening?"

You looked down, "I hope so."

Skip Time~

After putting all the food on the table, you fed some canned beans to Yeontan, who fell asleep shortly after.

You sat down on the couch next to Jungkook, who was trying to get the radio to work.

You took the time to observe him. How his eyes focused on the radio in front of him. His sharp jawline, which looked like it was sculpted by the gods. His muscles, which you could see easily through the simple white shirt he was wearing.

He then turned to look at you, and your eyes made contact. You blushed, embarrassed that you got caught watching him. Thankfully, he didn't talk about that.

"I think I got the radio to work." he said as he switched a few knobs, making the volume louder.

The sound of static was all you heard before it was quickly replaced by a voice for a split second.

"H-hello—"

"Damnit! I was so close!" Jungkook said, disappointed as he put the radio down and rubbed his forehead.

"It's okay, at least you almost got it! This is still better than nothing at all." you said, staying positive.

You both spent the rest of the day trying to get it to work again, but there was no luck.

You were both tired, and it was your turn to sleep on the couch. Jungkook went to sleep and you lied down on the couch.

You realized how uncomfortable it was and felt bad that Jungkook had to sleep on that the entire night.

You shut your eyes, trying to fall asleep. You felt something crawl into your lap and opened one eye.

Yeontan was lying on your stomach, wagging his tail as he licked your cheek. You chuckled and pet him as he fell asleep and you stared up.

You smiled to yourself.

We'll make it out of here!

Taehyung will be so happy to see Yeontan alive and healthy.

Jungkook will be happy when he sees his friends again.

I'll be happy when we make it out of here.

All I need to do is hope.