Part - 22

She is fire and ice
you'll fear the cold and crave the burn

Ishana found her way to the kitchen without coming face to face with any of the Oberoi's and she was grateful for the fact after the girl's emotional outburst. She wasn't ready to meet any of them because she knew, she will snap at them specially if it was Anika around her. Reaching the kitchen she was a confused soul, this isn't her home neither is this her kitchen. She isn't at liberty to cook anything for Anya here and she won't cook here. So, she looked for the kitchen staff and finding one she didn't know what will make Anya feel better, whenever Ansh was upset he preferred chocolate over everything. So, maybe something related to chocolate and something solid too.

"What is for today's dinner??" She asked the female staff with Mala written on her tag

"fried rice, veg kebabs, dum paneer...."

"Leave it, I want a cup of hot chocolate and plate a little bit of everything that's for dinner and give it to me, fast" she ordered her in her bossy detached tone that always labelled her as the haughty heiress.

"Yes, Mam" the girl nodded and began her work while she stood silently in one corner of the kitchen, checking some mails and messages on her phone when someone else entered the kitchen, someone she had avoided for so long and someone she didn't know what to feel for maybe somewhere inside her she is still the girl who just couldn't get over the fact that her boyfriend chose someone else over her. You just can't forget your first love just like that it's always there with you a shadow in the background but first love stays with you forever in your memories, in your thoughts, in the hours of darkness and morning alike. In a corner of your heart they will always remain with the thoughts of what could be and Ishana didn't want to dwell on past anymore.

"you here" the surprise filled tone of Gauri greeted her

"Yeah, thought of taking something for Anya" Ishana replied politely not trying to pick up any fight now

"oh, why won't she eat with us" Gauri asked curiously and all Ishana could think about was Anya's pain filled tone telling her how she only ate with her family when her father was here.

"No, she is quite upset so she will have her dinner in her room" Ishana's tone was still polite but her patience was slowly wearing down, she didn't want to face any Oberoi's after Anya's breakdown and here she was facing the girl who married her love and her temper was flaring slowly the past and present both igniting a fire in her soul. She had always avoided Gauri Oberoi and now here she is facing the women, she never stepped in OM after her rejection and here she is again after so many years all because of her children. Things you do for your children.

"Why as far as I know her boyfriend won the match, why is she upset then" Gauri questioned with the same naive curious tone and she didn't know whether she was acting clueless or they were always really this clueless or it was just she was beginning to be too good in the art of reading people and she didn't like the tone in which she said boyfriend, Viaan was also her son he was the first one to call her choti ma and she won't tolerate anyone using that tone for her son.

"Because of someone's accusing and hurt filled eyes every time she called me Ma" She was done being polite to be truthful and she didn't care what the other person thinks of her as she is sure in OM she will always be the villain, the bad girl and to be truthful she liked being that as now she can be rude as hell.