O n e

The feline's ears twitched as he tried to hear his lady coming along. He exhaled in disappointment, as it was only a bird chirping on a streetlight. He looked at the time on his staff, not surprised the spotted heroine was thirty minutes late to meet him once again.

His emerald green eyes stayed sharp, being on the lookout for any signs of her. He rested his head on the palm of one of his hands, the other hand tapping in impatience on the cement rooftop. She should be here by now, it isn't like her to be past thirty minutes late, he thought, looking around anxiously. Did something happen to her?

He took a journey around Paris to calm his paranoia. Well, she's not out right now, so she probably forgot. He let out a sigh of relief, but also another sigh of disappointment. What else can I do to pass the time? He genuinely thought for a bit of time on his options, since clearly Ladybug wasn't going to arrive tonight.

Suddenly, a fantastic idea came to mind; he should go to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery.

He used his staff to navigate his way to the bakery, dropping in a particular bluenette's room beforehand. Chat sniffed around to see if she happened to have any leftover cookies, being as stealthy as possible, trying not to wake her up.

Unfortunately, his visit didn't go as planned. She stirred awake, flipped on the light switch, and stared at him in shock. "C-Chat? W-What are you doing here? It's two in the morning, you stupid cat!"

Marinette whacked him with a pillow, but it had no impact on him. Instead, he stifled a laugh, and she became flustered in return.

"W-What's so funny, huh?" Her face began to flush a rosy red color out of pure embarrassment.

"O-Oh, nothing!" The cat snorted after she said that, trying to contain himself and his giggles. Once he recovered himself, he said, "Honestly, you're like a cuddly koala. You really think that a pillow would have any effect on me?"

She paused, looked down, and then proceeded to hide her face in her pillow. "Y-Yes.."

Chat didn't laugh this time, instead he went up to her, and hugged her from behind lovingly. "Don't worry, Princess. I'm sorry I teased you that hard, forgive me. I only came here to talk to you," he paused and smiled cheekily. "Actually, no, I lied."

Marinette raised an eyebrow in slight confusion, but tried to understand him. "Enlighten me."

He sat himself down on her comforter and clasped his hands together. "Well, I mean, I do want to talk to you, but by any chance, do you have any milk for me?"

"That's an odd request, especially coming from you," she replied, fixing up her room to make it look more presentable.

"Don't you know cats like milk?" He teased, but Marinette let out a sigh of chagrin, indicating that she still disliked his cat jokes.

"Okay okay— I just happen to be hungry and thirsty." Chat gave in to not sugarcoating anything he said and because of that, with her back still turned, Marinette hid a smile.

"Well, Chaton, if you're so hungry, I haven't heard you request a pastry product," she paused, turning around to face him. "So, what're you waiting for? Just request anything you desire."

Chat wanted to make a witless joke, asking if she was on the menu, but he knew she would probably get the wrong idea, and he would end up being scolded. Instead he said, "I'd like cookies, that's all."

"Wow, really, huh?" Marinette's change of tone indicated that she was genuinely surprised in his selection. "I honestly thought you were going to make another ignorant cat joke."

"You'll be surprised how normal I can be sometimes, Princess." He chuckled, but in return, Marinette mumbled something under her breath he couldn't understand, but accepted that it was probably an insult.

"Anyways," she finished wiping her desks clean of occupying items. "I'll fix up the milk and cookies, just allow me to get them from downstairs."

She opened her trapdoor leading to the bakery area of her cozy home and let Chat run wild on cookies. The cat opened the top of one of the containers, specifically the container of chocolate chip cookies, and went ham on it.

"Be careful," the bluenette warned him, whispering as quietly as she could. "Any loud noises could wake up Maman and Papa, so be as quiet as you can."

The male hero nodded in understanding, attempting to be furtive and sneaky, snatching what he could fit in his pockets. While Marinette fixed up the milk from the fridge, the two both heard a loud crash.

The glass container Chat had previously searched in fell on the floor and shattered into a million pieces. He panicked, but quietly apologized to Marinette whilst avoiding the glass, but she just rushed him into her room, slamming the trapdoor shut.

"What part of "be as quiet as you can" did you not understand?" She stared at him intently, clearly furious.

"I swear it wasn't me, Mari!" He fretted, his hands up in the air in innocence. She crossed her arms in reply, making a little "hmph" sound, ignoring him.

Chat did his best to comfort her and attempt to change her mood by hugging her from behind again. He felt her become more at ease and she sighed in defeat.

"Fineee, you're forgiven," she paused and rolled her eyes, knowing she was in the wrong this time. "Just as long as you don't do it again."

He didn't say a word after that and instead they both ended up staring at each other awkwardly, bursting into laughter afterwards. Marinette crawled up into her bed again, looking at the clock in which it read, "three o' clock".

"Sweet heavens," she muttered, turning out the lights again.

"Hey, wait!" He frowned. "Going to sleep again so soon?"

"Of course, it's three in the morning now, since you occupied an hour of my time," Marinette pointed out. "I think it's time for you to go home too, I'm sure your family is worried about you."

"I personally think they wouldn't care if—" he was interrupted by Marinette's Mom, Sabine, yelling up to Marinette's room.

"Marinette, honey? Are you awake, do you know what happened?" They both heard her muffled voice from downstairs.

"I believe that's your queue, Chaton." She nodded towards the balcony. "I actually enjoyed my time with you, will you come back again sometime?"

He thought about her comment for a few seconds and ended up giving her a warm smile, saying,

"Of course, I'm in your debt, Princess."

And with that being said, he left her, launching his baton into the night, so that way he could be guided home.