T h i r t e e n

Later that evening, something so absurd dawned on Adrien.

"Plagg, I'm going to do something that's absolutely crazy, and you may even despise me for it afterwards." The blond haired model warned his kwami, his kwami barely acknowledging his warning.

"Kid, just please get me more Camembert, you're gonna starve me to death." The kwami complained, flopping onto his stomach on Adrien's nightstand.

"You're so dramatic, I swear." Adrien stared at his Miraculous, practically glaring at it. "Although, I'm doubting on doing this."

"Uh, since you aren't getting me any cheese at the moment," Plagg looked up at him in confusion, as he didn't pay attention to Adrien's pep talk until now. "What are you planning on doing, exactly?"

"I'm going to reveal my identity to Marinette," he hesitated, gripping his ring. "Tonight."

"Oh no, no, no! Tikki will slaughter me if that happens, you don't understand!" His kwami flew around him frantically. "If Marinette ever finds out your identity and Tikki finds out I didn't stop you, I'm fresh meat for her dinner instead of her scheduled cookies!"

"I get it, but Plagg, I need to let her know! I can't be in pain anymore knowing what those ice cream cones from André showed.. I can't be in love with both Marinette and Ladybug!" He fell to his knees dramatically on the floor.

Plagg stared at him with disgust, rolling his eyes. So who's the dramatic one now huh, he sighed, but sat back down on his nightstand. "Look,"

Adrien had his full attention finally. Intrigued, he actually decided to listen to Plagg for once.

"I understand you want to reveal it to her, but I'm seriously afraid of you getting hurt." He hesitated, but truthfully said. "You're the best Chat Noir the world has seen in a long time, even from my eyes as well."

"I see.." Adrien seemed to start to understand his kwami's wise words. He threw a punch into the air suddenly, completely contradicting the words he was given. "Regardless, I'm still going to reveal myself to the woman I love! She deserves to know and I can't hide my true identity anymore!"

"Plagg, transform me!" The boy yelled, his ring gleaming in the moonlight. Panicked, the kwami only managed to get out, "Adrien, wait—!" before transforming him into Chat Noir.

After he was fully transformed, he tinted his bedroom window barely enough to let him squeeze out of it. He licked his lips and used his staff to navigate him to his girlfriend's house.

Marinette heard a knock on her window, but whipped her head around to her trapdoor to see the familiar feline dive through it. "Greetings, M'Lady," he pretended to tip an invisible fedora.

"You silly cat," the bluenette ruffled his hair in a playful manner. "You never fail to arrive in the evenings to visit me, huh?"

"Of course not," he kissed her cheek and wrapped his hands around her waist from behind. "You're my girlfriend after all, it's my duty to always make you happy to the best of my abilities."

"Awe, Chaton, that's very sweet of you—" she was interrupted by his sudden change in mood. He looked slightly frantic, fiddling with his fingers and his ring.

"Marinette, please hear me out for a second or two," he seemed to plead, but she said, "What are you talking about? I'll always hear you out, go on."

"You might hate me for this, but the guilt of never revealing to you my true identity is weighing on me with every passing day." He hesitated to say, but he seemed to have made his point to her.

"I'll never hate you, I swear!" Marinette replied, her bluebell eyes feeling like they're piercing into Chat's emerald green eyes.

Actually, what if he's a pedophile? I'm dating a pedophile?! Oh lorde, what would my parents and friends think? What if— her thoughts were interrupted by Chat waving his hands in front of her face to make her focused on him again.

"Marinette? Marinette!"

She snapped out of her thoughts and focused on her boyfriend again. "I'm sorry, Chaton. My thoughts got the best of me."

"I understand," he sighed, running his hands through his own hair to cope with this anxious conversation he began. "Listen, it'll be worth it. If you need a hint to reassure your mind, I'm someone you know."

"Someone I know? Chat, that could be anyone—" she was interrupted by him saying, "Plagg, detransform me." Shocked by his sudden movements, his detransformation finally wore off to reveal his true, civilian identity, Adrien Agreste.

"A-Adrien?!" She gasped, her chilled out personality shooting back to her former flustered self. It seemed as if she went back to square one, in which she couldn't cope with the sight of Adrien whatsoever.

"I apologize, M'Lady. That's if I'm not the person you were expecting, anyway." He looked down, his tone turning into a more sad one, but Marinette shook her head fiercely instead.

"I-I'm just— s-surprised!" She exclaimed, jumping into Adrien's arms. "I'm so glad it's you. I'm happy, excited, and satisfied, Chaton!"

His face immediately lit up and tears streamed down his cheeks. The bluenette whispered soothingly, quickly apologizing, saying, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry! Please don't cry anymore, I'm here.."

"Marinette, you have it all twisted. I'm not crying because I'm upset, I'm crying because, well—" He looked deeply into her beautiful bluebell eyes.

"I'm in love with you."

What he said hit close to home. Marinette started crying too, pulling him into a passionate kiss. The model was slightly caught off-guard, but he happily kissed her back in return.

I'm in love with you too, Adrien.

They pulled away, their lips feeling a new tingling sensation they had never felt before. Sure, they were technically boyfriend and girlfriend, but it was practically one-sided, due to Chat hiding his true identity under his mask.

"Could we— start over, perhaps?" Marinette requested; it was her turn to feel anxious, looking away from her lover, even though she had no reason to.

"Why do you ask," he paused, quickly transforming back into his feline hero identity to charm her. "My love?"

"It feels different— or at least I feel different— don't you, Adrien?" She urged herself to look at him again, and once she did, he cupped her cheeks lovingly.

"Mari, it wasn't lust, don't worry. We understood each other, despite you not knowing my identity." He stated, making a valid point in Marinette's mind. "It was new and I'm glad we had this buildup in our relationship, let's keep it, okay?"

She understood. He understood. They both came to a successful understanding with each other, once and for all.

"We're going to be a duo!" Her bluebell eyes remained locked with his, determination filling them from the bottom to the top.

"A loving and successful one too." Adrien finished, pulling her into another passionate kiss.

In sync, they both said,

"I love you—"

"Adrien Agreste."

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng."