S e v e n

Night fell on the city of Paris and Marinette hasn't seen the feline hero come back yet. She hesitated, but yelled, "Tikki, transform me!"

The newly transformed heroine leaped out of her window and broke into a sprint, using her yo-yo to navigate herself to her desired destination. If Chat is brave enough to confess his love for a new girl, I might as well do the same before it's too late.

She arrived at her destination, tilting the window upwards and attempting to conceal the noise of her coming inside. Instead, it opened with a loud creak, disturbing Adrien's sleep.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, Adrien!" She apologized, bowing her head respectfully to him.

"That didn't seem genuine." That comment coming from Adrien surprised Ladybug for the very least.

"W-What?" She was slightly stunned, but shook it off, trying to recover herself. "Anyways, I came to tell you—" he cut her off again.

"That wasn't an accident." The blond haired model stood up and approached her, only standing a good few feet away.

"Just get it over with, okay?" He sighed, yawning and rubbing his eyes.

She hesitated again, just like she did back at her house, and proceeded to do what she was here for. "I-I.." He raised an eyebrow in curiosity, waiting for what she was about to say.

"I love you!" She dipped her head immediately, feeling a nervous drop of sweat running down her face.

She looked up to notice his surprised expression, but she managed to surprise herself too. He's not even the slightest bit flustered, what happened?

"I politely decline." He said flatly. Ladybug went silent and launched her yo-yo, wrapping it around the window.

"Very well," she murmured, hiding her sad smile the best she could. "It looks like this is where we part ways, Adrien."

Before she was about to proceed with exiting, he stopped her by saying something that caught her off guard. "You're lying."

"How would you know if I was?" Ladybug whipped her head back to face him, recalling her yo-yo, zipping it backwards into her grasp.

"Your tone, you're barely flustered. Save the confession for someone who you really love." He murmured, putting his hands on his hips.

"I take it that you already love someone else?" The spotted heroine quietly chuckled to herself, knowing how much of a fool she was making of herself right now.

"You'll find out soon enough." He smirked, his jade eyes gazing directly into her bluebell ones.

"That sounds like a challenge to me, Mr. Agreste." It was her turn to smirk. "I guess I'll be on the lookout then."

"I guess that sounds like a deal then, Ladybug. I wish you the best of luck." His charming smile always got the best of her, but he was right. She was forcing herself to love him as Ladybug, not to mention Chat getting relatively close to loving her civilian self.

She launched her yo-yo and hooked onto a nearby building, exiting for real this time. Adrien didn't leave her alone with his last word, but instead he called out, "Be like Marinette and Chat Noir!"

That sneaky bastard, Ladybug thought, zipping around to get back to her house. He knew this entire time!

She arrived at her house safely, detransforming quickly and settling herself in her bed. "Goodnight, Tikki!"

Tikki looked at her, clearly surprised. "Why are you going to bed early for once?"

Marinette couldn't think of something to retaliate with, so she simply said, "Uh— because I can?"

The spotted kwami looked at her in suspicion, but easily shrugged it off. "Alright? Well, goodnight, Marinette."

"Goodnight, Tikki. We have a big day to look forward to!"

A/N: My apologies for the shorter chapter, as you can see, the word count was pretty much cut in half. I kinda hit a writer's block, stay with me, though!