Earsdropping | Johnny Depp imagines

"I don't know, man. She makes me feel alive." You overheard Johnny talking quietly to his friends. You didn't mean to listen in, but as you were retrieving your bag you heard it. Your heart leaped in your chest at his words. Johnny always told you how much you meant to him. Yet hearing him tell his nearest and dearest made your face heat up.

"— Yeah. I love her, man. More than I ever thought I could love someone. and that scares me sometimes."

Part of you wanted to make yourself known to him, you didn't want to end up overhearing something that Johnny wasn't ready to tell you. But you wanted to hear what else he was going to say. One of his friends replied, you couldn't make out the voice because it was so low and quiet.

You'd only ever heard him gush about you to James, and you were pretty sure it wasn't James he was speaking to at the moment. You loved Johnny, you loved him with everything you had, and even though he made sure to tell you he felt the same every day, it was nice to hear him talk about it with someone else.

"What do you love about her?"

You couldn't see him, but you knew he was smiling. "I love everything about her, y'know? I love the little things especially, like how she sings in the shower, horribly." You felt your face flush red with embarrassment as the boys erupted into laughter, only for it to die down a second later.

"I love that she isn't scared to be herself, she doesn't need me to validate her, she doesn't need anyone. She's badass, I love that." You smiled to yourself, feeling giddiness creep up as he continued to speak.

"I know that I can always depend on her, no matter what. I've never felt this way about anybody, it's pretty scary, man. But at the same time, it's like a surge of electricity. I can't stop thinking about her." Johnny stopped speaking, and exchanged a few whispers with the other boy, who began to sound like James.

"I think I'm going to ask her to marry me, today. I've got a ring, I've had it for months. I know, timing isn't ideal, but she's the girl of my dreams. I wanna spend the rest of my life with her.

400 words