Game Night

I had been trying to focus on my book for about half an hour, but was failing horribly due to Richie's awful rendition of Manic Monday by the Bangles that seeped into my room from the bathroom next door. I threw the book across the room, finally giving up on finishing that chapter tonight and glared at the ceiling. Sometimes I really hated being his sister.

"(Y/n), someone's asking for you on the phone!" My mother called from downstairs.

Someone called to talk to me? I never get phone calls, most people just call to talk to either my parents or Richie. I rushed down the stairs,my socked feet almost slipping as I turned past the railing. I came to a skidding halt in front of my mother who then handed me the phone and disappeared into the kitchen to finish cleaning up after dinner.

"Hello?"

"Hey, (y/n). Are you b-b-busy?" I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

"Not really Bill, what's up?" I asked, twirling the phone cord around my finger.

"I was wondering if m-m-maybe I could c-c-co-come over and hang out for a b-bit with you and Richie?" He asked.

"Absolutely, Bill! You're always welcome here." I tried not to sound too excited that Bill was coming over, but ultimately failed. Thank God Bill was the most oblivious person on the face of the planet when he didn't have a crush on you.

"That's g-g-great! Be there in t-t-thirty." He seemed a bit nervous. I wonder if something happened.

"See you in thirty, Billy." I smiled to myself.

"See ya." He said before he hung up.

"Hey mom, Bill's coming over tonight!" I shouted to her.

"Alright, honey, that's fine with me. You three are such good friends, you are all so cute." She laughed and I just headed back upstairs only to run right into Richie who was standing at the top of the stairs with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Bill's coming over to see you?" He asked, apprehension in his voice.

"He's coming over to hang out with us, Richie. We're his two best friends, and he wants to sleep over at our place, why are you tying to make it weird." I asked, his suspicion of Bill had me ready to strangle him

"If he wanted to stay over, why not ask us earlier?" Richie shot back.

"Maybe he didn't think that he would be this lonely, Richie. Going to school everyday, Bill had something to focus on other than the fact that his little brother is missing. Now, he has no homework or anything to do, Georgie is probably all he can think about." Richie only seemed to think about stuff like that when Bill brought up Georgie himself, any other time he just acted as though Georgie never existed.

"Yeah, but, why did he ask for you on the phone?" Richie crossed his arm.

"Because he knew that you would act like this! Not every guy that speaks to me is trying to date me Richie, so how about you calm down so the three of us can have a nice night. You wanted to do normal summer things, so here you go. Also, you better have not used up all the hot water, I'm taking a shower before Bill gets here." I pushed passed him and made my way to my room to gather some pajamas.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I turned off the hair dryer and ran a brush through my hair one final time. I smiled at myself in the mirror before throwing open the door and heading back downstairs where Richie was now (thankfully) in something other than just a towel. He had on some stupid tee shirt with his plain grey pajamas pants.

"Finally you-what the hell do you have on?" He asked, obviously irritated.

"Richard, language! Those are some new pajamas that I bought for her, aren't they adorable?" Our mom smiled at me as she stepped into the living room.

Losers: Bill Denbrough x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara