Accident Waiting To Happen

(Also, quick thing. The way I'm writing the story, the reader wear glasses but it'll only be mentioned a few times so, if you don't wear glasses just ignore it.)

"This g-game is a lot m-m-m-more stressful than I r-remember." Bill said as he set off the buzzer yet again. 

"Yeah, it does seem to be a lot more difficult than it used to." Stan agreed, taking the tongs from Bill and pulling out one if the pieces without setting the buzzer off.

"He says doing everything perfectly." I laughed as Stan handed me the little tweezers.

Bill laughed along and I got a bit more than a little distracted. I missed the hole completely and stuck the tweezer straight the the board.

"You do realize the point of the game is to get the things out of the holes, not to make new ones." Stan laughed at me and my cheeks warmed over. Stan and I has been best friends for as long as I could remember, and normally I was used to him laighing at me, but the fact that its because I was distracted by Bill is just embarrassing.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just a little tired." I shook my head and tried to laugh along.

"Maybe you should head on up to bed then." Stan shrugged.

"I-I'm sure sh-she's fine. Were all a little t-tired, r-right?" Bill cut in as I just handed him the tweezers.

"Yeah, I'm a little tired myself. We did have to go to school today." Stan nodded, agreeing with Bill.

Bill managed to get the last piece out without setting off the buzzer. We started gathering up the pieces and putting them back in the box. Eddie and Richie seemed to be almost done with whatever game they had started playing, so I decided to just take a seat on the couch and wait. Then, a thought struck me. No one had anything to drink. We had been sitting around for an hour eating cookies without drinks. What kind of psychopaths are we?

"Hey, does anyone want anything to drink?" I asked, starting towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'll have a tall glass of Eddie's mom." Richie laughed.

"Oh my god, Richie, shut the fuck up." Eddie shook his head.

"Now taking requests from anyone but Richie." I sighed.

"I could use a drink." Stan nodded.

"I'll have water, please." Eddie quickly raised his hand, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Bring me a Coke, Four Eyes." Richie laughed.

"You got it, Bucky Beaver." I glared at Richie.

"D-do you need any help w-w-wi-with that?" Bill asked, already getting up off the floor.

"Yeah, you could help me carry them back in here. I don't know how well I'd be able to carry five drinks." I nodded, motioning for Bill to follow me into the kitchen.

We didn't turn on the kitchen light, instead we used the light from over the stove and inside the fridge to light our way. I stood on my tip toes and began taking the glasses out of the cabinet and handing them to Bill.

As soon as I handed him the last glass I knew I'd messed up. I felt the weight fall from my hand and heard thr shattering of glass on the kitchen tiles. Fuck...

"What the hell is going on in there?" Richie called from the living room.

"I dropped a glass it's fine."

"(Y/n), mom is going to beat your ass for breaking one of her glasses." Richie laughed.

"Not if you don't tell her about it." I shouted back.