chapter 9

"it could've been right
but i was wrong"

"it could've been rightbut i was wrong"

naomi

   It's been a week since the incident.

   Tuesday morning we all went our own ways to recover from Dean's mess he created. The media followed us and no move we made was undocumented on the internet. My parents wouldn't let me go anywhere.

  I was pulling my damn hair out.

  On the other hand, Marnie was seeming to be doing okay. Key word, seemed.

  She removed herself from any conversation that involved "he who must not be named". And when he was brought up accidentally, you could see the stress it brought her.

   Ant and I were still pissed.

   But, speaking of Dean, no one had heard from him since Monday night. He had practically disappeared. The only thing we knew was the that his family was trying to keep as much of the baby's life private, and that his family was really stressed.

   On the brighter side, my cousin Keith came to stay with us Thursday. He's my mother's sister's son. He had went to middle school with us and then switched to online school when his acting carrer started to take off.

   Recently, he decided that he'd finish up his senior year with us so that we could graduate together.

   Antonio and I brought him up to speed on the whole incident and he wasn't happy.

   Marnie wasn't one to cry, this was an exception. Since Keith came, he became her shoulder to cry on. She only talked to him about Dean, no one else.

   Currently we were at Ant's house for a impromptu dinner because tomorrow we were returning to school.

   "I swear if Mr. Morando gives me extra work, on top of absent work, I'm literally going to scream" says Antonio while twirling his pasta.

   "He needs to retire. He keeps calling me Nadine, he can't even remember my name!" I say with an eye roll.

   "The school isn't too big right? I ain't tryna get lost on my first day" says Keith while looking at Marnie.

   "We'll show you around before class starts, it's not too bad" Marnie says with a smile.

   Keith felt for Marnie. He'd been cheated on before, he'd actually walked in on it happening so he could relate.