Moonstone (Steven Universe)

Gem Type/Name: Moonstone

Status: Facet 2G7J Cut 9KY; Alive and Missing

Gem Description: Moonstones are a typically smooth gem colored with the cooler shades of the color spectrum, mainly whites, blues, and violets. They are said to be associated with nourishment and sensual treatments, especially for healing both physically and mentally. These stones are believed to greatly provide comfort and romantic fortune to those who trust it, and those under the possession of the stone will be protected for as long as they hold it. Their power is believed to grow during the night by the ocean side, where the holder is guaranteed safety.

Gem Role: Moonstones are growing to be quite rare on Homeworld as more Quartz gems, Pearls, Garnet types, and failed fusions are running rampant. Only 44 green and yellow Moonstones in Yellow Diamond's colony, 76 blues in Blue's colony, 52 rainbows in White's, and only 8 pinks given for the production of Pink Diamond's colony. 

These gems typically act as advisers for their Diamonds, managers, or higher successors, for their basic jobs. There is also an alternative use for them, that being healers. They would be sent by their Diamonds to usually heal a heavily injured gem, staying with said gem for a few days to make sure their methods properly work. They wouldn't want to show any incompetence. However, these skills' strength is heavily influenced by how long they have existed for, so newer Moonstones are typically not allowed to be used as healers during their first 100 or so years of service. And even so, the healing qualities they posses are not strong enough to heal cracked or shattered gems. 

Gem Placement: Back of left hand

Which Diamond they were created to serve: Blue Diamond during first creation, partially Pink Diamond in later years.

Weapon: an ombre blue parasol with a purple handle that fades down to silver, wrapped at the end by a silver vine-like design. Silver moon decorations are planted at the top and bottom.

Directive: Diamond Advisor

Hair Style, Length, Color: White that curves into a moon shape on her back at her elbows

Eyes: Pale indigo

Skin: Light bluish grey