Dragon Bond

"Draco. Have I done something wrong already?" Jon nervously asks as the god approaches him.

"Of course not, Jon. I am pleased that you have already begun to be truthful with Daenerys. Congratulations by the way on the upcoming wedding." Draco responds with that smile still on his face. Jon could not help but feel a little dismayed at it.

"Not that I am not glad to see you, Draco. May I ask to what I owe the pleasure?" Jon tries his best to ask Draco what the hell he is doing here without phrasing it that way. He did not want to get this new life taken away when he just started.

"Ah, yes. I have a little something to add to your wedding that you should be aware of. I think that you and Daenerys will like it. For the most part, anyway." Draco finishes with a small shrug. Jon just feels more apprehension building up in him. This better not be the other foot dropping. Not trusting his voice, Jon merely nods as a gesture for Draco to continue.

"Do you know anything about soul bonds, soulmates or a Dragon Bond?" Draco questions Jon as a look of interest and confusion cover Jon's face. What is a Dragon Bond? Jon could just shake his head in response.

"I thought not. Not a topic that is discussed in Westeros in over a thousand years. Let's start with soul bonds. This is a basic link between two souls. It can be between two persons, animals or beings. An example of such a bond is between you and Ghost. It allows the sharing of thoughts, emotions, and memories. The exact nature varies depending on those bonded." Draco explained to Jon, who nodded as Ghost was mentioned as he could remember feeling Ghost's emotions and urges.

"Next is soulmates. This is the easiest one to explain. It is a person with whom you connect with on a level so deep that it is completely unexplainable to anyone that has not experienced themselves. You and Daenerys are soulmates. This is amplified by the fact that you are both Targaryens." Jon smiled as he thought of Dany. Only the snapping of Draco's fingers breaks Jon out of his daze.

"Stay with me, lover boy. Finally, Dragon Bonds. This is something unique to dragons and Targaryens. It combines soul bonds and soulmates. First, a bond is established between yourself and your dragon. Rhaegal is bonded to you as you are bonded to him. In time, you will find that you can do things beyond the usual you share with Ghost. Second, having a soulmate who is a Targaryen with a bond with their own dragon. Daenerys does have one with Drogon, beyond the simple one as his mother." Jon smiled once more as Dany entered his thoughts. He may be a lovesick fool, but he would rather die than lose her again. Jon raised his head to look back at Draco, who merely smiled and shook his head.

"Now comes the Dragon Bond part, as it brings magic from dragons. This magic does several things to the bonds. First, it amplifies and strengthens the bonds in place between yourselves and your dragons. It does this by bonding Daenerys and you together in a bond stronger than mere marriage. It is something that can not be broken by anything, not even death. It makes all four of you, much harder to kill. It's that old phrase, what does not kill you makes you stronger." Jon's eyes were wide in shock. He could not believe that he and Dany could be bonded this way. He would not need to worry about her dying by his hand.

"To trigger this bond, you must marry her. Good thing you guys are doing so. Before you ask, there are only a few ways you can die. First, you both agree that your time is up and ready to move on. Second, stabbed in the heart with Valyrian Steel in a battle. However, that second option has a caveat. After a hundred years, you become immortal basically. Other than that, neither of you can be killed by any other method, even beheading. The Dragon Bond will heal you." Jon seemed to be in shock that he and Dany would basically be immortal until they chose to die. As it slowly sunk in, Jon let out a breath he had been holding in.