The Secret in the Crypts

Viserion raises his head, breaking the contact with Daenerys' hand as his mind finally comprehends reality for the first time since the frozen lake. Shaking his shoulder, the mighty dragon notices the lack of pain, taking in his surroundings. He lets out a loud roar, seeking some sort of attention - it is given with answering ones from both Rhaegal and Drogon. His fear banished by the sounds of his brothers.

Heart rate falling, Viserion lowers his head to gaze upon his mother standing before him. Daenerys closes the distance, placing her forehead upon Viserion's snot. A slight rumbling sound begins to emit from the Viserion's chest as the two close their eyes, basking in each other's presence.

Jon is at first taken aback by what he is hearing the sounds coming from Viserion. He then recalls that Rhaegal did something similar while he was stroking his chin. Plus, seeing Viserion's relaxed form, it confirms that Viserion is purring. Lips curling into a grin that gradually morphs into a merry laugh, he has to admit that the dragons are as much beggars for pets and scratches as Ghost. Though he is glad that wolves are not like dragons very much. Ghost breathing fire? No.

Suddenly, Jon feels a burst of hot air erupting into his face and torso. Viserion stares at him, his neck elongated and face barely feet away from Jon's. Behind, Dany trots up through the snow, hands on her hips and smirking at him. "Go on, tell your son you love him," Dany giggles. Jon blinks but realizes what to do. Daenerys is the Mother of Dragons... makes me the father...

Gently, he places his own hand on Viserion's snout, less hesitantly than he had with Drogon the first time on Dragonstone. Almost immediately the same sounds emit from his throat. Feeling the surge of his dragonblood within him, the true King realizes just what Viserion was only hours before. Because of him, of how he went half-cocked to the True North on a futile mission. I'm sorry, boy. I'm sorry I failed you. Moments later, Viserion nudges his snout into Jon ever so softly. As if forgiving his new father.

The picture brings Dany close to tears. "Go be with your brothers. Please be safe, my son," Daenerys says while taking a few steps back. Viserion raises his head while letting out a slight growl before stretching his wings, joining his brothers in the sky. As Rhaegal and Drogon meet him in the sky, roars and hoots emit from the trio. Instead of a feeling of sorrow as when they lost Viserion, they were conveying a sense of happiness, completeness, and reunion. Daenerys could not prevent the tear running down her cheek at their utter joy.

Jon walks up behind Daenerys, embracing her while having his hands rest upon her abdomen. With a smile, Daenerys leans back against Jon while placing her hands upon Jon's.

"We are together again. We are one." Daenerys softly says. Jon knew the double meaning from her statement, himself and Viserion. He smiles and kisses her neck, coaxing another giggle from her as they cuddle close.

After gazing at the three dragons for a bit, they separate and turn around. Both clasp their hands together, returning to Winterfell. The sun begins to rise in front of them, basking them in its light.

As Jon and Daenerys enter the Great Hall, smiles form on both their faces as they see who is waiting for them.

"The King and Queen!" thunders Tormund, pumping his fist in the air. "Knew two fuckers stupid enough to ride dragons would make it!" Other cheers erupt from the crowd, heralding both of them as they enter.

Waving to her subjects, Daenerys then moves forward to embrace her best friend, Missandei. So happy to see that her friend survived the battle. As they separate, Ser Jorah moves forward to give his Queen a hug. Grey Worm bows deeply while Daenerys nods in return. Both Tyrion and Varys lower their heads in respect, Daenerys merely smiles as she notices that her council has survived intact.