A Trial & An Engagement

Whispers hover around the back of the main hall of Winterfell like fog as the assembled Lords eye the chained-up figure in the center of the room, with four Unsullied surrounding him. Anytime someone attempted to approach the figure, the Unsullied gripped their spears and prepared to lower them. It quickly sunk in that no one should approach unless approved by the King or Queen. Yet during this entire time, the chained figure stood entirely still with his head bowed.

The door on the left side of the hall then slams open with several Unsullied walking in and taking various positions around the hall. As soon as they took their places, Jons and Daenerys' councils enter through the high oaken doors. The whispers from the back of the room immediately began quieting down as they saw Sansa take a position by one of the three chairs at the table at the front of the hall. A place of honor, held by Eddard Stark's trueborn daughter.

Missandei takes a step forward but stops when a hand lands on her shoulder. Turning her head as Ser Davos leans down to whisper in her ear. As she nods in acceptance, he quickly removes his hand. A secret smile forms on her lips as she sees the glare on Grey Worm's face from Ser Davos touching her. Only by hearing the approaching steps from the hall, helps her quickly control herself.

Jon briskly enters the hall, causing a wave of silence to ripple through the onlookers. He walks behind Sansa to take the far-right chair. A few looks of confusion are thrown his way from the Lords at why he is still standing until they hear more steps coming from down the hall.

Daenerys enters the hall with her back straight, her head held up high and walking with the experienced grace of a queen. Her eyes glance at Jon's; a tiny smile forms on both their lips before they quickly wipe it off, hoping no one noticed. As she approaches the center chair, Jon moves behind her chair and pulls it out for her, while inclining his head to her.

"Thank you, Your Grace," Dany states clearly, knowing that everyone in the room could hear them. A respectful smile on her lips. She watches as a matching one forms on Jon's face. Jon moves the chair slightly forward so she can sit. Jon leans forward to whisper in her ear, Of course, My Queen. It takes everything in her to not shiver in delight and pleasure. His publicly proclaiming his love and devotion while still keeping decorum fills Dany with love for her dragonwolf. He was my blood all along... The thought still leaves Dany floored.

Jon takes a quick few steps to her right to do the same for Sansa's chair as well. He notices that Sansa barely glances at him. Therefore, Jon leans down and places a quick kiss in her hair while gripping her right shoulder. Sansa's posture relaxes immediately, the invisible tension quickly dissipates. Jon sees a small smile form on her lips before it fades. He squeezes her shoulder before moving towards his own chair.

Once Jon takes his seat, Dany begins addressing the room as well as the figure in front of them. Everyone's eyes move from the trio at the table, to the silent figure her gaze was upon. Allowing a frown to form on her lips.

"When I was a child, my brother would tell me a bedtime story about the man who murdered our father. Who stabbed him in the back and cut his throat. Who sat down on the Iron Throne and watched as his blood poured onto the floor. He told me other stories as well. About all the things we would do to that man once we took back the Seven Kingdoms and had him in our grasp. Welcome to Winterfell, Kingslayer Jaime Lannister." This causes the now identified Jaime to raise his head, meeting Daenerys' eyes and not flinching from the hate and anger being reflected there. Jaime makes no reply as he merely glances at both Jon & Sansa before locking his eyes back with Daenerys.

"I notice that you are alone, Ser Jaime. Is your army following behind you, by chance?" Daenerys asked while her tone still had touches of the hate and anger from earlier. Jon stiffens next to her, but Dany is so focused on Jaime, that she does not notice this. Jon remembers from the past the reasons why he is alone. As Jaime's eyes and posture changes, Jon decides to make a slight change by pre-empting Jaime.