Two Dragons Become One

A steady rumble begins to roll across the hills of the North. As it gets louder, its source is finally revealed as several horses and their riders run through the snowy mounds. At the head of the herd, Tormund could be seen yelling to the Free Folk and Night's Watch following him to push harder. Racing far by the screams and snarls that fill the air with pure malevolence.

Suddenly, everything stopped. Tormund looks behind him, to watch the herd. Noticing that they had halted right there, swirling clouds of snow and ice covering them in a white blanket. For some reason, the survivors of Eastwatch and Castle Black were no longer being chased by the dead. Not one to linger - or to look his horse in the mouth - the Free Folk Chieftain took full advantage by increasing the distance between them while getting ever closer to Winterfell.

Daenerys is standing in her room while Sansa put the finishing touches on her wedding gown. The Queen could not stop the big smile from stretching out on her face as her wedding drew ever closer. Missandei stands behind Daenerys, braiding her hair in the typical custom of the Dothraki, which was the same way it was when she met Jon for the first time. Jon absolutely loves the style she wears as the warrior Queen, though in their moments alone he had informed her in his northern accent that her hair down was his absolute favorite.

Gods, thinking of him sets her alight.

"All done, Daenerys," Sansa says, startling Daenerys out of her train of thought. Missandei, smirking knowingly, finishes the braid and takes a few steps back allowing her to take herself in.

Daenerys had to hold in a gasp in surprise. Both Sansa and Missandei had truly worked their magic on her. She was wearing a maroon silk gown, paying tribute to both the colors of her house and her beginnings in the Free Cities. Her family crest, a three-headed dragon, was embroidered on her back in black with some white fur along its border, causing it to stand out. Its intent is to show that even though she was marrying a Stark, she would always be a Targaryen. And that my husband is both a Targaryen and a Stark. My Dragonwolf. On her chest, she noticed several symbols sewn in to pay tribute to her life thus far - there was an arakh and a horse as the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, three small dragons in cream, black, and green circling each other as the Mother of Dragons, three chain links with the center one broken as the Breaker of Chains. She also noticed the shape of flames in a dark orange enclosing all the symbols. It took her a few moments to realize that the flames represented her family's oath of "Fire and Blood" as well as her being The Unburnt.

It's only when she looks at the horse on her chest, directly over her heart, she notices that the horse seemed to be mounting a circle. Daenerys immediately tears up as it is a symbol representing her stillborn son, Rhaego. She turns her head to lock eyes with Missandei, they exchange sad smiles as they did not trust any words. Daenerys felt Sansa place a gentle hand on her shoulder in comfort. The Lady of Winterfell may not know why Daenerys was so affected by the symbol on her chest yet knew that it was something powerful and heartbreaking. Jon was right, I made too many assumptions about her. The desire to act as Cersei or Littlefinger would have was one she would have to struggle against using on those who didn't deserve it, while her fear of outsiders would have to be put aside. She trusted Jon, and Jon trusted Daenerys. He was right.

Daenerys closed her eyes for a moment, collecting herself. After a few breaths, her eyes open slowly. The tears that were beginning to form earlier were gone. The two women watching their Queen were amazed at her strength and ability to compartmentalize. So much to find amazing about her.

"Thank you, Sansa. I love this gown, you did wonderfully. And thank you as well, my old friend. I am truly blessed to have you both here," Daenerys emotionally stated to the two other women in the room, still holding her composure. The two women bowed their heads in response, one from her old life and one from Jon's. Both to be part of her new one.