Hey, little one

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
2ND POV
8 / 1 9 / 1 9
/ / /
"Stealing isn't so easy, often it's hard work, otherwise we'd all be doing it."
– Elfriede Jelinek
/ / /

   Arcee paced back and forth. She fidgeted and toyed with her own digits. She did it in front of your med berth, where Ratchet was taking care of the fatal damage.

You were stable now, but had been unconscious for a week. Megatron's blast had torn away at your chassis and spark chamber. You lost a lot of energon. Ratchet had to bring you back from the brink of death a few times. Flashbacks of your frayed and fried wires, the gaping hole in your chassis, and the pool of your own energon hit her like memories of Tailgate's demise.

No! She couldn't lose another one. Airachnid took Tailgate, Starscream took Cliffjumper. She couldn't let Megatron take you. You said you'd stick around! You'd said you were a hard one to kill too, however, and she'd just have to hang onto those words and hope they were true.

   Arcee stopped in her tracks. She looked up and over at your frame, which clung to its life support system. Her servos clutched themselves over her chassis, over her spark. The two-wheeler silently thanked Ratchet for at least making you not look like death anymore.

   "You know, if you keep pacing, you might wear down a hole in the floor," Ratchet commented from his workstation. She glared at him, but didn't bother to turn her helm. He sighed, stopped typing, and continued, "What I meant was, you might as well make yourself useful."

   "Fine," she answered reluctantly. It would take her mind off if you, or, at the very least, move you off of the forefront of her mind.

   "Arcee, rest assured that your friend is receiving the best medical care we can offer," Optimus said, coming up behind her, his pedes clanking on the floor. He rested a comforting servo on the small femme's shoulder.

   "I wish I could say it'll stay that way," the medic huffed. "Y/N's condition will remain stable if I can get more energon back into their system. Arcee's transfusion was helpful, but because our reserves are low, they may not have very long."

   "Bulkhead and Bumblebee are our scouting for energon signals with Miko and Raf. I'm sure they'll find something!" Jack chimed in from the human rec area, seeing the panic on his partner's face.

   Arcee had frozen up at Ratchet's words. Her pessimistic mind didn't allow Jack's to sink in as deep. Then, an idea came to her. "Remember when Y/N was bragging about how much energon they stole from the Decepticons undetected?"

   Optimus remembered her mentioning it when her and Jack encountered you on a scouting mission.

   "Uh, yes, what does that have to do with-" She cut Ratchet off.

   "What if there's more where they live? Y/N has to bring those mine carts to some place, and where we picked them up for their help, and where me and Y/N talked are in the same area."

   "That would make sense. Are you sure they would permit that, however?" The Prime asked, concerned about your consent in the situation.

   "They're dying, Optimus! I think they'd want us to save them. Besides, they mentioned having another person living with them, a friend. She could help us," Arcee reasoned. Optimus and Ratchet exchanged looks.