Not today, Satan

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
2ND POV
1 1 / 2 6 / 1 9
/ / /
"If stealing hearts was a crime then you would be scribbling my name in the prison."
- Shreya Prakash
/ / /

   One moment, you're celebrating your newly gathered family. Suddenly, it's all being taken away.

   Aami whimpered in her sleep as you walked in Jasper's direction. You took the data pad that she desperately clung to and placed in your chassis space. You rubbed her back soothingly and kissed the side of her helm in reassurance.

   You walked for a while. You didn't keep track of how long. It was like when you had escaped MECH's grasp and flown for days, not keeping track of time. You just knew that Aami woke up and fell back asleep every now and again. When she did wake up, you gave her the data pad again to entertain herself, and put it back when she passed out using it.

   At some point, the sound of a ship's engine interrupted you. You stopped in your tracks. Aami woke up from the increasing loudness, and joined you in looking up at the ship's silhouette as it covered the bright sun. It lowered until it landed paces upon paces away.

   You walked towards it, slowly, hesitantly. You had a good feeling about it, but you weren't stupid.

   The platform on the underside of the ship descended. It was nearly everyone! The kids, Bulk, Jackie, Bee, Ratchet, most of the team. Smokescreen and Optimus seemed to be missing. There was a tall and imposing MECH stood there; a mech high in the Autobot ranks, you presumed. You didn't see Arcee, but Jack was there, so she had to be.

   Arcee shoved her way past her friends. The two of you locked optics.

   "Y/N!" Your lover yelled excitedly, desperately. She began running towards you.

   "Arcee!" Your faceplates broke out into a wide grin.

   You jogged in their direction. You set down Aami, who made her way to the team. Meanwhile, you got tackled into the grass by an over excited two-wheeler.

   You let out an oof! as you hit the hard dirt. She kissed you all over your face and neck, hugging you tight.

   "I was so worried! Have you been walking this whole time?! Did you have problems with the Decepticons?! Are you hurt? Or Aami?!" Her words sped out of her mouth in between kisses. Your teammates cheered and laughed from the platform. You were sure Wheeljack whistled. Finally she stopped, and instead opted for barraging you with smacks on the chassis and helm. "Do you know how much you made me worry?! About you, about Aami?! I love you, stupid, reckless, beautiful-" She got pulled off by Bulk and Bee before she could continue assaulting you.

   All you could do was laugh as you picked yourself off the ground. You brushed any dirt that may have grabbed onto your frame. Bulk and Bee let Arcee loose.

   "I love you too, doll. C'mere," you laughed out loud. You pulled her close and held her face, giving a meaningful kiss. It wasn't as long as you wanted it to be, but it was enough. You held her at your side, and then motioned to the commanding mech with your helm, and asked, "So. Who's your new friend?"

   Arcee's face paled. She'd just done all that in front of her superior officer.

"That," Bulkhead spoke up, "is Ultra Magnus."

/ / /

   You found shelter at one half of the Harbinger. It was decided that the team couldn't wait for Optimus or Smokescreen. The team would have to take down Darkmount, Megatron's capital on Earth, without them.