Starstruck 27. Grown-up Fairytale

27. Grown-up Fairytale

"Baby please wake up. Please answer me." I felt someone shaking my shoulder. Slowly, my eyes fluttered open. Glace was right in front of me, a worried expression on her face. At the sight of me opening my eyes, her own one widened in happiness. She looked up at the sky momentarily as if saying a silent thanks to whoever was upstairs.

"I thought I was going to lose you," she said shakily. "Good thing you didn't fall far from the edge, just a couple of feet or so. Don't scare me like that ever again Dulce. I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die." She laughed humorlessly, trying to calm herself. But I could see that she was still nervous. Her chest went up and down quickly.

When I didn't reply she said, "Okay baby, let's try moving your arms first. Tell me if it hurts alright?" Proceeding to do her task, she gently moved my left arm. When I shook my head slightly, she did the same with the right, then to my legs. Satisfied that everything was working as it should and I didn't break anything, she carefully carried me in her arms.

"You're lighter than the first time I carried you," she mumbled almost to herself. "In case you're wondering, it was that time when that diva princess Denise spiked your drink. I so wanted to kick her ass at the moment."

My eyes travelled to Glace's face as she continued to walk us in the cemetery. My weight didn't seem to bother her. She was obviously glad that I was alive after falling. I touched the edge of her raven black hair and twirled it around my fingers. "Peter Pan," I murmured. She halted when I spoke and looked down at me. "Excuse me?" she asked, raising her eyebrows slightly.

"You're my Peter Pan."

She shook her head, now beginning to look worried. "I'm not Pan. I'm Glace remember? Your girlfriend?"

"You're Peter," I insisted. She took a deep breath. "Dulce, you might have hit your head harder than anticipated. Just hold tight baby, I'm going to take you to the hospital." At that, she almost ran back to the car. Or at least as fast as she could while carrying me. Once we reached the vehicle, she placed me down gently on the passenger seat and strapped me securely.

Going to the driver seat and starting the engine, she said "You might have suffered a concussion or something like that. Don't worry, everything is going to be fine." The tires squealed loudly as the car started moving.

I placed my hand on her leg, making her glance back worriedly at me. "I'm okay. Let's go back home." She stared back at the road and frowned. "No. We're definitely going to the hospital."

"Turn the car around Glace." My voice was firm. Commanding. "Do not argue with me and just do what I say. I'm totally fine. Just dizzy and sore but fine nonetheless. I'll explain everything once we reach your house." I clamped my mouth shut and stared at the road, ignoring her as she opened and closed her mouth, not sure of what to do. In the end, she did as I said and headed to her home.

When we pulled up in her garage, she got out of the car quickly and carried me again, all the way to her bedroom. Biting her lips, she sat down beside me on the bed. "I don't get what's going on," she said in frustration. "Please tell me you're alright."

I turned to her. "We need to talk."

She gulped loudly. "About what?"

"About us. . . About everything. About our past." I crawled to the head of the bed, wincing slightly at the movement. Fudge. Everything would be sore tomorrow, I thought with regret. But for now, she and I needed to talk. Forget the pain for a moment Dulce. My back found the pillow and I settled comfortably, looking straight at her while I did so.

Not sure how to start, I began to apologize. "Glace I. . . I'm so so sorry baby." Lowering my head, I covered it with my hands in shame. She was beside me in an instant, snaking her hands over my shoulder for a one-arm hug. "What's wrong? What are you apologizing for?" she asked gently. "As long as you're safe and alive, there's nothing to feel bad for."