Starstruck 33. Creating Memories

33. Creating Memories

“Glace?” I murmured in the darkness. She didn’t answer. Trailing my hands on the satin covered mattress, I realized that the space on my left was empty. Rolling off the bed, I grabbed the black sweater which has fallen on the floor and wore it quickly before leaving the bedroom.

As I opened the door, my ears picked up on faint music, coming from one of the rooms. It was in the middle of the night. What was she doing up? Heading to the music room, my suspicions were confirmed. There sat Glace in front of the piano, her eyes closed as she played Chopin’s Nocturne no. 2, one of her favorites. Her hands stopped when she heard me come in.

“I recalled sleeping next to you. Why are you here?” I remained on the doorway, my arms limp on the side.

She turned to me, smiling sadly as she wrapped the blue silk bathrobe around her. Glace always loved to sleep in the nude. “I don’t really know Dulce. I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep so I went here,” she sighed.

I walked to her, sitting on her lap as she welcomed me with open arms. “Is there something on your mind baby?” I asked. She avoided my eyes, frowning while looking at the piano keys, as if it would tell her the answer to her own questions. I had a feeling about what she was bothered about. We haven’t discussed it yet. The thing about me leaving. And now she wanted to know, but was afraid to ask.

I didn’t want to beat around the bush anymore, as I was doing the past couple of days since I’ve decided. “I’m going to France Glace.” The expression on her face as I said it told me everything I needed to know. She was crestfallen. Going abroad to study was her and my mom’s idea, but maybe she was secretly hoping that I’d stay here with her.

Glace didn’t stare in my direction for a minute or two. When she did, a fake smile was plastered on her face. But her eyes had the saddest look on it. Like she wanted to do nothing more than to beg me to stay. She didn’t though. . . My girlfriend was strong and mature. She understood that leaving was the right decision for my future. Our future. She breathed deeply before saying, “That’s great baby. You’ll have a lot of fun there. You’ll meet a lot of people. Learn a lot of things,” she choked and couldn’t continue, her arms wrapping around my waist tightly.

I cupped her cheek with my right hand, pretending to smile so she wouldn’t cry. “Let’s not talk about it okay? Not yet.” Standing up from her lap, I held out a hand, giving her the wildest smile I could muster without looking so fake. For both our sake. “Let’s go back to bed.” Nodding, she stood up and took my hand, following me to the room.

The next morning, I was the first one to wake up. Glace was still fast asleep, looking like the Goddess she was. Her pinkish lips was parted slightly, her bare chest moving up and down in a gentle rhythm. I would miss this when I leave, seeing her asleep beside me. My heart squeezed painfully at the thought. Don’t be weak Dulce, I told myself. You wanted this. So you could be a worthy Wendy for your Peter Pan.

Taking care not to disturb Glace’s sleeping form, I got out of bed, replacing the comforter over my girlfriend’s body so she wouldn’t get cold. It has been a long time since I made breakfast for her. She was always the one who would cook so early in the morning. Going to the kitchen, I began to prepare breakfast which consisted of a sandwich, bacon, and strawberry smoothie. Though Glace was on a permanent diet and had a rigorous workout routine, she didn’t shy away from heavy breakfast, especially when I was the one who made it.

“The amazing smell woke me up,” she said, walking inside the kitchen and sitting in front of the counter where the sandwich was already waiting to be devoured by two very hungry females.