Starstruck Chapter 30. Chaos

Chapter 30. Chaos

The news spread like wildfire. In every tabloid, magazines, news, and websites, the picture of me and Glace kissing was posted like a banner announcing my girlfriend’s lesbianism. Great! The paparazzi hunted Glace like a pack of hungry dogs ready to rip their victim’s throats. And because they didn’t know where she lived, they tracked me down instead.

I swear to God, those people had a homing device up their sleeve or at least they were trained spies. The very next day, they were already knocking on my front door, bombarding my mom with questions that she couldn’t answer. In an attempt to protect me, Glace issued a press release, telling everyone that the picture was fake. However, that was quickly dispelled by experts who deemed that it wasn’t photoshopped.

I didn’t know where Denise was when all of this was happening. Not because I was ignorant or she was absent from school but due to the fact that I wasn’t able to step out of my house for days now. Paparazzi and Glace’s fans were camped outside my house, hoping to catch a glimpse of her girlfriend. Oh God.

It was one week short from graduation and there I was, locked inside my own home. The teachers understood the situation quite well, plus my mom talked to the school’s admin about it, so I was free from any responsibility. If it was only that easy. I haven’t seen Glace for days now because aside from that fact that I couldn’t leave, she couldn’t go here either. Things would get crazier if that was to happen.

I didn’t bother switching the TV on. What was the point? It would be the same old stuff on the news- me and Glace happily being gay. Wait till Ellen hears about this. Wanting to hear my baby’s voice, I grabbed my mobile phone from the bedside table and dialed her number. She picked up in just one ring.

“Dulce.” There was evident relief in her voice, as if she was waiting all day for me to call. “I thought you were still asleep so I didn’t call you. I’m so sorry baby.”

“Don’t worry, I just woke up.” Pinning the phone between my cheek and my shoulder, I used both my hands to part the curtains. A distinct flash from outside blinded me for a second. “They’re still here,” I said in disappointment as I replaced the curtains, shutting myself inside again for no one to see.

Glace sighed loudly. “I want to see you so bad right now. It’s been ten days, fourteen hours, and twenty-five minutes since I’ve last held you. Can’ I just go there, kidnap you, and be done with it?”

“You’re so cute,” I chuckled. But underneath it all, I was getting depressed for not being able to see her or any of my friends. It was slowly killing me. “Glace,” I murmured while sitting down on my unmade bed.

“Yes baby?”

“This will stop soon right? People will get tired of this and leave me alone right?” My hand tightened on the phone as I waited for her to give me hope. She didn’t answer immediately. When she did, Glace didn’t lie.

“It will take months, even years for that to happen. The paparazzi and the fans may leave your house in days, weeks, I don’t know. But they will take pictures of you from now on. That’s just the way it is. I’m sorry.”

I caught the desperation in her tone. As if she would resort to anything just to help me. “Don’t you dare break up with me because of this Glace McKenzie,” I said hurriedly. “If you did, I will find someone hotter than you and make out with her in front of everyone.”

She laughed at my threat. “There’s no one hotter than me Dulce,” she said confidently. “Well there’s you. But then you’ll have a hard time making out with yourself, so I’m not really threatened. Besides, I will never leave you for this Wendy.”