locked

I'm a horrible author.

***

The day was going pretty much normal for the campers. That is, normal until around 10a.m. Things were going peacefully in the arena until the campers heard shrieks and low growls.

Everyone perked up. They knew the sound meant one thing and one thing only. Trouble. Everyone's hands fluted nervously towards their weapons. Suddenly, there was no sound. Everybody relaxed, but soon, Travis Stoll, the day's patrol incharge came running in.

"There are two new arrivals." He gasped out. "Three hellhounds are attacking them. Connor is already out there." He rushed out in a hurry.

Annabeth stood up at once and entered into her role. "Shit. Travis, Kayla, Malcolm! Go help Connor, I'll join you guys. Katie, alert Mr.D and Chiron of this immediately! Apollo cabiners, be ready incase there is any injury. Nico-"

"Somebody get some ambrosia!" They heard Kayla's frantic voice calling out.

Nico caught Annabeth's eyes. "I'll get it." He nodded. Annabeth nodded back, and Nico turned around and rushed to the infirmary. He headed towards the testing room, where he knew Will would keep the extra ambrosia stored in case of an emergency.

As soon as he reached the place, he reached towards the top shelf and opened it. But then he frowned when he found that there was nothing but a box of unused syringes, some cotton, bandages and some antiseptic solutions.

"What?" He frowned. This was the place where the ambrosia was supposed to be kept. He checked again to make sure that his eyes didn't deceive him.

But then he vaguely remembered Will taking to him about him wanting to rearrange the room in a planned manner. He cursed. He had no idea where the ambrosia was. The noise outside was getting louder.

Nico immediately started rummaging through all the shelves and drawers. When he reached the table, he tugged at it only to find it locked.

"Fuck, open up." He muttered and pulled at it again. It didn't budge.

"Where's the damn ambrosia?! The kid is bleeding!" He heard someone's voice. Nico growled in frustration. He then pulled at the drawer with full force, and the drawer opened, the lock breaking with the speed.

There was nothing but a thin blue file, with not more than three papers in it. Nico grumbled and closed it. He opened the next drawer to finally find the ambrosia stored there. His hands fumbled around for some of it. He grabbed some and ran out.

"There you are! About time!" Kayla exclaimed. "Where were you?" She questioned and grabbed it from his hands and rushed to the kid who was now lying unconscious, bleeding on the grass. Nico simply shrugged. His eyes darted around, and then he noticed Annabeth sitting next to a kid, who was shaking like a leaf. Nico didn't fail to notice that the kid was barely eight years old, and the unconscious one was about eleven. The younger kid had a far off look in his eyes, and appeared to be dazed. Annabeth gently pressed a wet towel against the kid's forehead and brushed his hair away from it.

Then Chiron arrived. "Campers, disperse! Stop crowding! Give them space!"he ordered.

Nico caught Annabeth's eyes again. "Later."she mouthed. Nico nodded in acknowledgement and started walking away. As he reached his cabin, he remembered something. The locked drawer. Nico frowned. There was something off. Will never locked up anything. If he wanted something to keep things confidential, he would just say so, and the campers would respect his wishes and leave the thing, whatever it was alone. They never went near it and Will knew it. So why was the drawer locked? There was nothing but an almost file in it anyway. Why bother?