Chapter 1

I heard the door of the house angrily swing open informing me my step dad had arrived home. I dived into my small, single bed shutting my eyes and pretending to sleep. If he was aware that i was awake he was sure to punish me for no apparant reason; it was a monotonus cycle which occoured everyday of my life. When i was younger i thought that the bad people only existed in movies, however, 4 years ago, (the time when my father had died)  my incosiderate mother invited her boyfriend to live with us and reality hit hard. He was the stereotypical, rich, middle-aged man who only cared for his own needs-these usually included money, food and sex.

Before i could stop myself i let out a loud sigh as he disrespected my mother, i could see she loved him with all her heart but quite frankly he didnt care. The abusive comments flooded out and i heard her cries . However, she didnt want help. I had tried this before but it had only resulted in multiple bruises forming around my body which were now an ugly mustard yellow.

My body instantly shook with fear as the sound of smashing screamed in my ears followed by raucous  shouting and the slam of a door. I lay still. My eyes fixed on a poster blue tacked in the corner of my room portraying my favourite band- My Chemical Romance. I chuckled at Frank's innocent face, his tounge was stuck out in a cheeky manor and his arm rested on Gerard's shoulder. I plugged in my ear phones and quietly sang  along to 'thankyou for the venom'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to the sound of my alarm which had rudely interrupted an amazing dream featuring the wedding of Gerard Way and Merrigan White(me). I loved the way he said my name with such love and passion. Before i could dismiss the annoying ringing my door burst open displaying a short, overweight, ugly faced man. His eyes inspected the room displaying great disgust as they found the posters. He charged over to one, my favourite, tearing it from its place and throwing the shreds to the floor. "WHY" i screamed as tears formed in my eyes. I was shocked by my response, instantly throwing my hands to my mouth, trying to stop the words from echoing further. "Did you just speak to me? I never told you to speak. Why did you?" He screamed as his eyebrows raised with anger.

He suddenly marched over to where i sat,up right in bed,and punched straight-aming for my nose. Blood instantly oozed from my nose as the punching continued, followed by slaps accross the face and several kicks to the stomach. I tried my best to keep the tears back as the abuse carried on further. I had once had a fear of blood, however, it was such a usual occourence to my body that it no longer bothered me.

Suddenly, his phone rang, acting as a distraction and saving me from more pain. I jumped from my bed as he departed from the room slamming the door and shouting down the receiver. I strolled to the bathroom, throwing off my pyjamas and climbing into the shower. The blazing water trickled down my small body, i sighed in relief as the house fell silent. The room quickly became stuffy and the windows attracted a layer of clouds. It was unusual that the house was quiet so i took advantage of the situation, sitting down and bringing my knees to my chest.

I slept for atleast 30 minutes, sat at the bottom of the shower. I quickly opened a window before dashing to my room and checking my watch. Luckily, my school started at 12:30 in the summer which meant late nights and sleep ins were acceptable. I grabbed a pair of ankle length black jeans followed by a mulberry coloured jumper. I was lucky that i hardly ever grew and had kept these clothes since my father had died. My step father would never agree to buying me new clothes, apart from the occasional pair of socks. I threw my mid length chestnut hair into a bun which messily sat on the top of my head. I sang along to 'im not okay' (i really wasn't) as i completed my usual make-up routine which consisted of winged eyeliner, mascara and light foundation.

I grabbed my old satchel and black doc martens as i ran for the door. Although school was a place away from my family, it meant that i was faced with a whole new bunch of idiots. I was rejected by everyone due to the fact i had a different music taste and favoured black band tshirts and jeans over crop tops and short skirts. I was labelled as the emo. People often whispered about my scars, i tried my best to hide them but sometimes failed in pe lessons.

I stopped as usual at a corner shop to buy something edible for lunch later that day. I decided on two large bags of cheese puffs and a can of monster then made my way to the counter. Behind the counter stood a familiar face which i instantly knew belonged to Corban Grey. When i placed the items on the counter and our eyes met his face shrivelled in disgust. It was now hard to believe that once we had been good friends, spending late nights together as children thinking of new adventures each time. My spiteful step father ended the friendship by creating numerous lies which Corban stupidly believed. The lies ranged from hating Corban to stealing money which had gone missing around the time. It was due to this that i had lost my only friend and now walked alone.

I quickly payed the appropriate cash and made my way out of the store. My eyes met with a crowd of girls from my school. They were pretty, blonde and popular;i decided to keep my head down and pretended not to notice their presence. However, a kick to the back of my thigh made me fall to the floor into a large puddle of water. Laughs screamed in my ears from the surrounding witnesses of the embarrasing moment. I sprung to my feet, grabbing my satchel and scurrying away like a frightened squirell.

AN: Hey guys, thanks for reading this if you did :\. Im trying to get introductions out of the way and i'll try to make this as interesting as possible. I have lots of ideas for this story but i dont want to rush into them, i will later be bringing my chemical romance into the storyline.