Chapter 6

I sat in the corner of the dark room, not wanting to sit on the 'bed' as it looked loathsome, not appropriate to be slept in by anyone-even a prisoner. Apart from the 'bed' and a toilet located opposite from where i sat, the room was empty. I wondered, was my mother really dead?

Although she had watched me suffer over the years i still felt a strong bond connected with her, i wasn't prepared to lose her. Also, if so, where was my step father?

It was difficult to occupy myself, i scanned the room, searching for something to do. This wasn't an acceptable place for anyone to live, i hoped i would be rescued from my misery soon. I looked down at the clothes covering my body, bringing the shirt to my face. I could smell Coban, his sweet smell. I wondered if he was doing anything, did he even care i was gone? I had been bothering him for a while, he was probably relieved.

Questions buzzed around my head, Why? What? When? Where? Then reality hit me, my mother was dead. Gone...

This wasn't some sick joke, it was the truth. She would never let me take the blame for something i hadn't done, especially her faked death.

I snuggled into the corner of the room, i missed Coban's cuddles already. I decided not to panic, i could never be charged for something i hadn't done, especially with no evidence! I banged my head against the wall, several times, probably forming large bruises.

"Hey, stop that and get up, it's annoying and you're wanted elsewhere." An officer said, i assumed he was the guard. I raised my eyebrow but deciding not to respond, instead lifting myself from the floor and pulling at my clothes- trying to make myself look presentable.

As we walked along the silent corridor i almost jumped out of my skin when i noticed a face peeping from a small hatch in a door. It was a woman. She looked frightened, beaten and hungry. I shook my head, trying to remove the sticking image from my brain as i followed the well built man past the doors.

We stopped outside a room before he knocked, pulling down the handle and lightly pushing me in. "Hello Merrigan, im Savannah, sit." she instantly demanded, she wore a shirt and black long trousers and an unimpressed look on her face. She looked as if there was somewhere better she ought to be.

 I immediately took a disliking to her due to her bossy ways. I guess it was just her a job, and after all,  for all she knew i was a murderer. She grabbed a satchel, pulling out a pack of photos and placing them on the desk. I counted four in total. "Can you explain any of these photos to us Merrigan?" She questioned, pushing down a button on a recorder.

I studied the first picture, it displayed two blades, smothered in blood. They reminded me of the previous incident which occured a few days back with my mother. I stared angrily at the weapons, it was obvious that they had been used to kill my mother. Before thinking i picked up the photograph, tearing it to shreds, "NO,NO,THIS CAN'T HAPPEN. YOU ARE ALL LIARS" i cried, throwing the paper pieces to the floor.

"Please calm down, Miss" she said, instructing two officers to stand close to me, ensuring i wouldn't 'strike again'. "Is there anything you would like to tell us. What angered you in the picture?" I shook my head furiously at her question, picking up the next photograph.

The next picture was taken in our kitchen, the floor was drowned in blood, splashed up the walls and cupboards. I shook with fear, it was an unpleasant, disgusting sight. I pushed the photo away.

I shrieked with terror as my eyes caught a glimpse of another photo, it portrayed a knife. It glistened a bright, vicious red. I scrunched my face in disgust, how could someone stab someone such a kind, harmless woman. I let out a little laugh, remembering the time when she cried after accidently killing a fly in our kitchen. Savannah raised an eyebrow, shocked by my inappropriate laughter, i covered my mouth. "No i wasn't, i didn't mean to laugh at. You see i." My words trembled, she waved her hands instructing me to stop, then pushing the final photo across the table.

I screamed in shock at the unexpected image. The tears poured out as i looked at my lifeless mother, her body lay on the blood infested floor. It looked identical to mine, covered in bruises that worked their way up her skin. However, her cuts were deeper. My eyes widened as my eyes met with the disturbing features of the image. I immediately threw the image away, the trigger of her death sticking in my mind.

"I apologise if any of those pictures upset you, however, we all know they will be familiar to you". She spat. "You have no evidence that i commited this crime, therefore, i will not be punished". She laughed at my response, mocking me.

She grabbed a plastic bag, it contained two blades. They were the familiar ones displayed in the picture. "These blades have your finger prints all over them, my dear. You carelessly cut your own mother's throat on Wednesday evening, it's proven. Your poor step father found the body and reported your dissapearence, don't try to get out of that one. How selfish, not even caring to hide the evidence, causing pain to your loving family members." I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous accusations.

"So tell us, why did you do it? Did she forget to give you your pocket money? Make your lunch? You silly inconsiderate child." She screamed in my face.

AN: Hey guys i've been trying to update as much as i can. I'm not sure if anyone actually likes this story so please if you do leave comment or vote if you wish:). Tysm