Chapter 5

Coban's POV:

She looked so beautiful sleeping that i couldn't bare to wake her, i wrapped my hands tightly around her waist before shutting my eyes again. I was sure that this time i wouldn't let a girl slip away from me, i wanted to show her how strong my love was for her, just what i had failed to do in all previous relationships.

Did she even want a relationship? Was i trying to rush into something that wasn't even reality, just my fucked up dreams? I sighed at her pretty little face, so sweet and innocent. I grabbed my phone, loading up the camera and pressing my lips against her head, taking a quick 'selfie'. Little did i know that i had forgotten to turn off my flash, almost blinding my eyes and startling the no longer sleeping, beauty.

She giggled at the image on my phone, displaying two surprised people. My eyes looked stupid, instantly making me want to delete it. However, it was my only picture with Merrigan, something i ought to treasure. Just as i looked at her face i noticed tears forming in her brown eyes, "M, what's the matter?", i asked, concerned.

She shook her head, not wanting to draw attention to the situation, quickly trying to hide the tears, desperate to stream from her eyes.

"You can tell me anything, at all. No matter how stupid it may be." i sighed, grabbing her tiny hands and shyly connecting our lips together. I loved how comfortable i felt around her, it was if she was an angel sent to complete my life.

"I have a feeling, something's not right, I can just sense it. All these strange text messages, it's like someone or somethings calling me. My mother keeps appearing in my dreams, along with my step father and all he does is hysterically laugh throughout. It's a pyschopathic laugh, he's not a happy man. I think i need to return home, im so sorry Coban. We may not be able to see eachother as much, my stepfather is strict, but that doesn't stop me from loving you". She quickly gasped, trying to catch her breath as she had rushed through the apology/explanation with panick in her voice.

"NO! I will not let you leave me, why M! I love you, i can't live knowing he's hurting you." I broke down, tears streaming down my face. I grabbed her hand, interwining our fingers; connecting the puzzle pieces.

She needed to realise how strong my love was for her, how it was growing rapidly and uncontrollably. I wanted her to feel the same way, just as i knew she did, how i could see the love desperate in her eyes.

We lay for hours, her head resting on my shoulder, she sobbed away as we giggled. Telling eachother stories from our past in attempt to lighten the mood. At that moment i swear i felt infinite, i wanted to grow old with her, i could see the future shining bright ahead of us.

I checked my watch, the time was 3:15 pm, "well i best make us some breakfast, it's about time you woke up". I tried to act as the sensible one, hiding my dissapointment. "Ohhh, no, no!" She pouted, grabbing my arm as i tried to slide from the invting cosy bed. I broke free from her grip, cheekily sticking my tounge out before running down the stairs into the kitchen.

                                                                              Merrigan's POV

I smiled as i scanned the room, i could hear Coban chirping away in the kitchen, probably making his signature waffles, atleast my moaning stomach hoped.

My phone buzzed away, displaying another text from an unknown number, this one struck me the most. 'Sick bitch, running away. The least you could do is return home and show your guilty face.' The words danced through my head, striking something inside me and causing me to rage with fury. I needed to return home, just as everyone was demanding. I had followed others instructions all my life, i didn't care to stop now. The curiosity raced through me.

I grabbed my bag, throwing in my shoes, i hadn't brought anything else. I would give Coban his comfortable outfit back later, i was sure he wouldn't mind too much. I threw the bag over my shoulder, racing down the stairs and out of the door.

I sprinted down the street, passing many houses, nosy neighbours peeping out of their windows to take a look what was happening. As soon as i was far enough away i stopped, panting for breath. Coban was sure to be furious with me, he had every right. I had taken his trust and ripped it to shreds.

The rest of the journey to my old house took just over half an hour, as i strolled into the familiar street a flood of panick danced through me. My eyebrow raised as i noticed numerous cars parked near to the top end of the street, exactly where my house was located. Among the cars were several police cars. As i emerged further i noticed officers standing outside, chatting away. Some were strolling in and out of my house- how rude.

Just as the full house came into view someone became aware of my presence, " There she is! Get her!" an unfamiliar voice screamed. Just at that moment, everyone turned to face me. One had a picture- it obviously matched my face. I froze in my tracks, analysing my surroundings, trying to make light of the situation. There was definitely a huge mistake which all could be sorted over a cup of coffee.

"Merrigan White?" I nodded in response as the tall, unimpressed man grabbed for my wrist, I shrieked in pain. " You are under arrest for the murder of Niamh Grace White, you do not have to say anything, but what ever you do say may be taken as evidence..(you get the jist).

Why would i kill my own mother?

"There's some sort of mistake, where is my mother? This is all a stupid prank!" I nervously shook as i tried to break free of the strong officers grip. He grabbed my wrists, locking them together with tight hand cuffs. "MERRIGAN!" a familiar voice screamed as he ran towards me.

"Coban!" i cried as i kicked my legs backwards aming for the officer, i wanted to hurt him, just like he was carelessly making my wrists suffer. I scraped my legs along the floor, trying to slow down, reaching my hands out to Coban.

"Don't worry,love. I believe you, this is all some mistake. I will get you out. I love you with all my heart, remember that." He cried, keeping our hands together.

"I don't want to go! Let me go, i haven't done anything" the tears streamed out. Another officer charged over, pushing Coban, knocking him to the floor, breaking our strong grip apart.

I screamed in horror, the two officers dragged me accross the floor as i tried to stick my feet to the ground. I kicked, screamed and cried but nothing worked, they weren't letting me go. They pushed my feet into the vehicle before slamming the door.

I pressed my face against the glass, Coban stood, lifeless, watching as i was driven away. I banged on the window, as if for someone to save me. " We've got a strong one here Paul, a little crazy, watch her when we get out" the driver said, talking to another sitting nexto me, i hadn't noticed him before.