Chapter 2

The bell rang, informing everyone it was lunch break. I grabbed my bag and sighed, i had begun to abhor lunch breaks due to the fact i was alone which meant i was the perfect target for people to make fun of. "Well done on the test, thicko!" smirked Ellyn Parks- a popular girl in my physics class- as she walked away, arm linked with her boyfriend. I was in the 10% of people in the class who hadn't received a grade A, my grade E being the lowest. It was partly due to the fact i had no interest in the subject and when i was supposed to revise i was in hospital. Last month i had taken an overdose and was ill for weeks, however, i pleaded for my school not to be informed of the situation.

The day was looking brighter as i nervously sat down on my usual table, situated at the back of the hall. I quietly ate whilst listening to my usual band, the song screamed in my ears, urging me to sing along. "I got a bulletproof heart" i sang, much louder than i had first thought. I felt a tap on my shoulder, as i turned i was faced with a tall girl who instantly mocked my appearance. "What a great voice you have! What song is that? Maybe you could sing for us?" She chuckled, indicating a large group who stood behind her, they joined in laughing.

I shook my head, my cheeks grew a bright red, mostly from anger but some embarrasment. "Im not asking you to, im telling you to!" This time she screamed, spitting in my face as her words echoed viciously. I stood up. I felt my throat closing up as i tried to sing the words i sang everyday in my room. I paused, my eyes scanned the crowd that had quickly formed around me.

"Don't be shy! Maybe you should stand up here." she said grabbing my hand and instructing me to stand on the table. I foolishy climbed onto the wobbling surface, my knees shaking. Before i could even project the first line my whole body shook,causing the table to wobble and i fell flat on my flace. The crowd burst into laughter. I couldn't stand anymore, i grabbed my bag and departed out of a near door.

I ran until the school was no where in sight, my clock informed me it was exactly 1 oclock. I couldn't go home as my mother would definitely send me straight back. I sat on a bench in the local park, Gerard's comic book on my lap. The grass was cut thin, the trees tall but trimmed and flowers overpopulated the area, it was something of a magnificent view. The park was peaceful with not many people around, apart from the few middle aged people with their dogs. I opened the comic and entered the world of Gee, blocking out my surroundings.

The next thing i knew i was awoken by a guy, i guessed he was around the age of 18. He had black curls which dangled down either side of his face just reaching his cheek bones and precious brown eyes . He grinned as soon as i was aware of his presence, he wore a long tshirt which had 'Killjoys never die' printed on the front. It was then i noticed the sleeve of tatoos which decorated his arm and the ring which clung to his lip.

"Brody Cartin." he held out his hand, indicating me to do the same. He continued on "I notice you like Gerard Way? Of course you do. You don't see many killjoys round here and i know one when i see one". I wasn't good in social situations and this was no exception, i bit my lip, waiting for him to say something else. We both fell silent. I awkwardly took out my phone and began to flick through the endless twitter posts about another pointless trend. It was then he invited himself to sit down nexto me and we began to talk. My whole body relaxed and i felt safe with my new aqquantince.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After exchanging numbers with Brody i arrived home at around 4:30(pm), my inital plan was to make an excuse of missing the bus, however, when i entered the kitchen it wasn't neccessary. My whole face fell as i saw my mother sat on the floor, still and lifeless. Her eyes rolled in my direction as she noticed i had entered the room. Sitting nexto her were two familiar blades and a pool of blood. I could smell the strong smell of alchohol and reassured myself she had only done this due to too much to drink.

My own eyes filled up as i saw the tears pouring down her face. "Everything will be okay mum, don't panick" i cried as i grabbed a cloth and band aid. I quickly dabbed up the blood pouring fast from her wrist whilst calmly talking to her. When the blood finally came to a hault i wrapped her arm in the band aid and invited her into a hug. The clock informed me it was 5:00pm which alarmed me my step father would be home in a matter of minutes. I picked up my mother, guiding her to her room and tucked her into the bed, leaving a glass of water on the bed side table. I then departed into the kitchen, picking up my blades, saturated in the red liquid which i quickly washed off. I hid the blades in a new place which i was sure wouldn't be found and sat at the top of my bed.

I had acted so selfish, if i hadn't spoken to Brody i would arrived home on time and my mother wouldn't of hurt herself in the way she did. I had lived without friends for so many years that i didn't need any to intervene in my life any time now. I grabbed my phone and deleted the number which was labelled "Brode" he had insisted for me to call him this. I sighed as the name and its picture vanished from the phone, my first friend, gone within a matter of minutes.

AN: Thankyou for reading this if you did! I'm trying my best with this story so i hope its okay and there is much more drama to come. ty:)