present day - 12

Jackson grunted as he lifted the weight about his head. He's been going at it for a couple of minutes longer than normal, concerning a couple of guys around him, including Jay. But he had so much anger, so much adrenaline. And the football season just ended, so he couldn't do it on the field like he usually does. So the gym was the next best thing.

Recently, Jackson's been offered a chance to play up north, back home with his dad. But the obvious downside to that was moving. Despite the obvious issues, he kinda grew fond of the south. He liked the heat, the culture, the food even. But lately, he just wasn't so sure.

In the corner of his eye, he saw Carolina enter the gym with another girl by her side, giggling a bit as they walked by, heading towards the locker room. Jackson's grip on the dumbbell almost slipped, and if it wasn't for Jay's quick reflexes, he would've been crushed.

"Woah!" Jay exclaimed, quickly helping Jackson on

"Woah!" Jay exclaimed, quickly helping Jackson on. "Dude, I️ knew you were gonna give out soon. You've been going at it hard for a while," he says as Jackson sits up, reaching for his water bottle. Jay seemed to have noticed Jackson wasn't paying attention, and followed his line of vision to see Carolina walk out with her friend. "You interested in Carolina?" Jay asked.

"What? No," Jackson viciously shakes his head. "I️ just have to talk to her," he says, getting up. "I'll be right back," he tells him.

"Tell her I️ said hi!" Jay calls out behind him.

Carolina and her friend were on treadmill now, running side by side, when she noticed Jackson walking up

Carolina and her friend were on treadmill now, running side by side, when she noticed Jackson walking up. She gave him a friendly smile and took her earphone out her ear. "Hey! What's up," she greeted as slowed down a bit. "Oh! Jackson, this is my sister Gianna," she introduced, only Gianna didn't seem to pay attention. She was clearly into her workout when Carolina leaned over and ripped her earphone out her ear, catching her attention.

"Ay cabroña-" she stops her insults when she notices Jackson. "Oh, hello," she plasters a smile on her face. "You're Jackson Lee right?" She asks.

"Nice to meet you," he waves. He then moves his attention back over to Carolina. "I️ didn't know you had a sister," he comments. "You're always with Aaliyah."