Secrets

There was an awkward silence in the room, as the men looked over to where you were standing. Your hair was still a little wet from the shower and your eyes were glued to the letter in their hands. 

"(Y/N)! It's not what it looks like!" Said Ciel quickly.

Of course, since you already started to mistrust Ciel and Sebastian as well as the others, you immediately knew this is exactly what it looked like. 

"Is that a letter for me?" You asked, raising one eyebrow and looking around the room skeptically.

"Well-" Alois opened his mouth; ready to lie or blame it on Ciel, but your sharp glare in his direction dissuaded him immediately. He dropped his crystal blue eyes to the floor, visibly slumping as he rubbed his elbow unsure of what to say. It was strange to him, feeling this guilty, it's not like he hasn't done worse things to people (and non-people) before, however it was only you that could bring out this very human side of him.

"Well? I am waiting..." You said, crossing your arms and looking around the room at the deflated men around you. Even the emotionless Claude somehow looked remorseful when he met your disappointed stare. You sighed deeply, rubbing your forehead. What was going on with them? First, they are all nice and helpful, and now they get mad at you for leaving your own house and now they are snooping around in your private things. A little part of you wished that it actually wasn't what it looked like but a much bigger part of you knew that it was a lie.

You shut your eyes tightly, as you considered your options. You couldn't just kick them out, it didn't sit right with you, because you already knew that they had nowhere to go. You also knew that you couldn't let it continue like this, because it was toxic to live in a house full of lies. You wanted the truth. 

"Alright. Fine. Let's try something else." you said furrowing your eyebrows. 

"What do you mean?" Asked Sebastian, for once not sure what to make of something a human said. 

"Tell me the truth." 

The request hung heavy in the air as the men in your living room looked like deer caught in the headlights. Sebastian opened his mouth to speak only to discover that he was unable to, it felt like the air was sucked out of his lungs. Ciel looked at his speechless companions, feeling cornered and he was sure that they felt the same. What did you mean by that? How much did you know? He knew you weren't stupid, but he was sure that he was doing a good job of covering his tracks, so what was this?

"And I don't mean about the letter. I mean about everything." You clarified. 

William POV

I looked at her and when her eyes met mine, I could feel my still heart jump up into my throat, my stomach fell. Is this how it feels to be nervous? Or terrified? How could one person bring this much out of me? All of these emotions... I shouldn't be experiencing them. I am not built for this, emotions are pathetic and only humans are capable of experiencing such unprofessional things. Still, why does it feel so good? Her eyes feel like they could stare right into me, and see me for who I am, but why does she look this hurt? I don't want her to look at me with those sad and disappointed eyes anymore. It... hurts? Is that the right word for what I am feeling? Yes, I am quite sure it is. It hurts...

Normal POV

You could see William avert his gaze as he fidgeted in his spot uncomfortably, casting a glance at the others you saw Claude grit his teeth. Sebastian looked shocked and Ciel stood very still as if he could disappear if he just refused to move, and Alois looked like a kid who has just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Suddenly you were knocked off balance as Grell tackled you in a hug like he has done many times, however this time it felt different. His tears cascaded down his face as you tried to understand what he was saying through his hiccups and sniffles. 

"I'm sorry I lied about everything! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! I couldn't bear to have you hate me (Y/N)! I love you!"  

"What?" You asked stunned at his sudden change in moods.

"When you asked me- when you asked about where your red jacket was that one time- you asked and I said 'I don't know'" He spoke breathlessly in his hysterics, hiccuping and stuttering over his words, "I lied! I did know- I took it and I wore it! I wore it- and then I meant to put it back! But I got a stain on it- and I didn't know how to wash leather- and- and I was so scared that you would find it that I just threw it out- and you hate me now!" He said finishing before erupting in another round of strained cries. You could only sit there confused as you patted his back uncomfortably.

"I don't hate you... That's also not what I meant by that question..." You said as he finally began to quiet down. "Besides I already knew about the jacket, I found it in the trash." 

"You did?" Grell asked looking up at you cluelessly.

"We all did," said Alois.

"Yes, it was very obvious to everybody who put it there." Chimed in William, pushing up his glasses as he gave Grell a side-eye.

"This still doesn't mean you are off the hook," you persisted, peeling Grell off of you and standing up with your hands on your hips. "I want answers." 

"I wouldn't be so sure about that sweetie..." responded Undertaker with his wide Cheshire cat smile as he scratched his head with his long fingernails.

"Why not?" you cocked your eyebrow at him.

"It is a complicated situation, you might now understand," responded Ciel awkwardly

"Are you saying I'm stupid?" Your eyebrows furrowed, who does this boy think he is?