Sneak Peak

I know my writing might be bad, but this is one of my better pieces. I just want you to know that my writing will get better and i will be making changes along the way. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Alexandria's POV

     "Would you guys please scoot over? You are seriously killing me!" Eli grunted in a demanding voice.

"If you hadn't caught the other tent on fire, we wouldn't be having this problem." Replied Lilah with an angered look.

"I'm tired of this nonsense, I'm going out to my truck, and nobody better follow." Eli muttered still half asleep, "I take that back, Alexandria, come with me."

Normally I would have said no, but sleeping in a warm truck is a lot better than a small tent full of teenagers. I stood up, grabbed my sleeping bag off of the tent floor, and followed Eli to his truck. He has only parked about a quarter of a mile away, so it wasn't a long walk. It was silent, other than the sounds of nature, I started to regret coming with him.

"So, what finally convinced you to come?" He blurted out.

"I was in a cold tent with a pile of annoying teenagers, you're once step up from that," I spoke softly as possible.

"For one, I meant the camping trip, Two, I take that as a compliment."

"Lilah claims I have been distant ever since I got the job, I came so she would stop bugging me about never having time for her."

"She is just jealous that you and I are spending time together. She will get over it soon enough."

"We don't spend time together, we have gotten breakfast and coffee after work twice."

As we approached Eli's truck he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Look at us, we are like a couple, sneaking off to my truck in the woods, arguing about how much time we spend together, before you know it we will be married"

"That wouldn't work out, Lexie Serrano sounds terrible, and so does Lex serrano."

I never noticed how Eli's dark hair and tan skin made his green eyes glow in the dim light of his truck. I also never noticed that when I referred to myself as Lex or Lexie, he would ball up his fist for a second before quickly unfolding it. It never crossed my mind that maybe he calls me Alexandria for his sake and not mine. As I climbed in the passenger seat I felt his eyes on me.

He slowly leaned over and whispered in my ears "I am going to get firewood, Alexandria Serrano."

Inever thought a person could be as white as a ghost and as red as a tomato atthe same time. I could still smell the ashes on him from the fire, thesweetness from the marshmallows we roasted, but underneath all of that, therewas a faint scent of cologne. He quickly moved away and stepped out ofthe truck. As he was walking away I couldn't help but miss him.

What do you guys think?! To everyone who reads this please vote for my story and comment as much as possible. If you have suggestions or any criticism i will most likely take it to heart and add it to my story.